I mean.. COME on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
:evil:

Aint spammers and phishers funny. I reguarly get emails saying "You Oline service has be suspended", and this one today made me laugh:

A recent updates in our billing server (Due to slightly problem)

I mean come on. COME on!!! If you're gonna phish for login details put some bloody effort into it! :smile: And do they think in this day and age that I'm going to click a spurious link to a bank I dont even use. :biggrin: From the banks of The Abey Nationals, Allegance and Leicester and the HSBBC ;)

How does anyone ever get conned by these guys? Seriously..?

I have a friend who firmly believes that the spammers put in deliberate mistakes so that they only trick those stupid enough to deserve it.
I disagree, but it's an interesting idea.;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmm ... don't know how my sister did it ... but some how she has lost control of her hotmail account... then I get an email from her apparently in Lagos needing cash urgently as she has left her purse in a taxi. All in a very proper tone of voice not at all like how my sister would really type. I sent an email to my aunt just in case she really believed it, as she would be transferring the money immediately if she thought she was in trouble.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
summerdays said:
Hmm ... don't know how my sister did it ... but some how she has lost control of her hotmail account... then I get an email from her apparently in Lagos needing cash urgently as she has left her purse in a taxi. All in a very proper tone of voice not at all like how my sister would really type. I sent an email to my aunt just in case she really believed it, as she would be transferring the money immediately if she thought she was in trouble.

I'm horribly careful with email addresses. If I dont know a forum or a service I'm signing up for I'll set up a new email for it. There again I dont give my emails out to anyone and my passwords are complex series of random numbers and letters:laugh:

I'm sure theres a computer generating email addies at random somewhere, much like they do with the telesales robots you get. ;)

thomas

the tank engine
badkitty said:
I have a friend who firmly believes that the spammers put in deliberate mistakes so that they only trick those stupid enough to deserve it.
I disagree, but it's an interesting idea.;)

It probably also helps get past spam filters...somehow.

Maz

Guru
If it wasn't for my bloody anti-spam software, I would've been able to claim my Nigerian Lottery winnings by now! ;):biggrin:!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Maz said:
If it wasn't for my bloody anti-spam software, I would've been able to claim my Nigerian Bride by now! :thumbsup::angry::biggrin:

Corrected! ;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Breedon said:
Because there thick as pig shoot.?
It's like these mail scammers where you have to send of £1k for you to claim you lottery prize.

+1

We were searching for a new dog a while back and my wife found an add on Gumtree for a free Cocker Spaniel puppy, she emailed them and got a reply back saying we could have it the next day, all we had to do was pay the cost of the pet taxi! we laughed at it as the spelling was shocking but I googled the add and found literally hundreds of people have been scammed like this.

Most people had spent £150-£200 but some people had parted with £500 and more as they wire money (usually to abroad) but they keep getting emails saying there is an extra free puppy if they want or a problem with the licence/vaccinations so they need to send more cash.

It is shocking just how stupid some people are.

RedBike

I nearly got caught by a fake Ebay email. It was asking me to pay my seller fees.

It looked offical and when I clicked the link in the email it took me to a fake paypal login screen. The only reason I didn't get caught is I couldn't understand how come i owed so much. Took me ages to cotton on to it being a bogus email.

Top Bottom