I surprised myself today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After only doing a couple of miles a day for the last five days [not having been on a bike for 40 years] today I went on a circular route of six, yes 6 miles!, and yes I have a bit of a sore %"£^ but never the less I really enjoyed it.
I'll have another go tomorrow, can't wait.:angel:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Excellent stuff jimbob, keep it up mate and get yourself a pair of padded shorts or undercrackers

gbb

Legendary Member
Nice one jimbob. Its easy for a lot of us to forget, we were all there once.

I remember i starting cycling seriously about 8 years ago at 42...10 miles and i was cream crackered (i do push hard mind)...10 miles seems like a warm up now. So will it to you if you keep at it...

OP
OP
J

jimbob

sloe said:
Please tell all as it comes. I've walked in Cornwall, not sure I can cycle it.

It is a 'bit' hilly as you know, I do find it very hard going when the hill 'arrives' in front of me, I have to walk up them as I dont have enough puff to cycle up them yet.
The trouble with driving a car is that you dont realise how steep or long a drag some of these hills are.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
jimbob said:
It is a 'bit' hilly as you know, I do find it very hard going when the hill 'arrives' in front of me, I have to walk up them as I dont have enough puff to cycle up them yet.
The trouble with driving a car is that you dont realise how steep or long a drag some of these hills are.

You hit the nail on the head there, a lot of car drivers DON'T realise anything.

Well done on the ride though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Excellent, well done.

With the hills, if you continue to find them hard work, get gears as low as you can and you'll find you can crawl up, even if you are going really slowly. I'm no good at hills, living in York I don't get much practice, so I need a couple of raelly low gears to winch myself up... You'll get better though, if you do them regularly. Learn to change down in good time, and keep the legs spinning rather than honking too hard. And remember, it'll never be as easy to pedal up hill as it is on the flat, however easy others make it look. The difference is, when you are fit, you'll recover much more quickly at the top....

Top Bottom