I was watching Carol Vorderman and I got aroused.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Seven letters, not bad.

I'll miss her, but she lost a lot of credibility by selling credit to poor people who are probably impressed by her grasp of figures and so trust the company that will take over their debts.

Hard to see how the programme can carry on now.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
spindrift said:
Not really, it was harder to see how it would carry on after Richard 'Twice Nightly' Whitely died, but it carried on fine.....

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Really, does anyone except the long term unemployed care whether Countdown is on or not?
That sums Spindrift up perfectly...

Add pensioner to the description and you're spot on!

OP
OP
S

spindrift

Rhythm Thief said:
Really, does anyone except the long term unemployed care whether Countdown is on or not?

I like the bloopers:

analsex.jpg

OP
OP
S

spindrift

iT'S THE LONG-TERM UNEMPLOYED WHO, IMPRESSED WITH vORDERMAN'S FINANCIAL PROWESS. bl;oody caps lock, are likely to think a secured loan at 8% is a good idea.

simoncc

As a Countdown fan I don't really mind who presents it or puts the letters and numbers up. A new, nubile, numerate younger woman to replace Carol should be easy to find and the chairperson doesn't really have anything to do and there are plenty of pleasant, efficient TV presenters about.

As Carol has been edged out because of her vast wages perhaps now could be the time not only to replace her with a much cheaper newcomer, but to re-introduce the dollybirds on the early editions who did nothing but put the letters up and smile charmingly.

Maz

Guru
spindrift said:
You could be right. Who would they use for the maths/numbers round? Can't think of anyone else on TV who is brainy and fit photogenic.

Maz

Guru
spindrift said:
Who would they use for the maths/numbers round?

Frank Bruno

Jade Goody

Brian Blessed.
They could do it as a joint effort...

Frank Bruno...would know which was 'top' 'middle' and 'bottom row' (sadly, his boxing gloves would prevent him from actually picking up the number cards)

Jade Goody...could put the cards on the rack (hopefully the right way round)
and
Brian Blessed...could shout out the numbers.

ah - still need one more to do the maths, though xx(

Top Bottom