I witnessed shop lifting in Accrington's Holland & Barrett today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I get the train quite a lot these days through Accrington, I feel next time I do I'm going to get off and have a wander as I feel I'm missing out on all these shenanigans.
post number 62.
Have you ever been to Accrington?
He/she might've visited. :okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was in Accrington last month, picking up a bike frame.

But I didn't do any shoplifting.

Was it this place on Abbey Street,

nc_ohc=F5QwyFf8bisAX9iJr_u&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

or a bought from a home buy? This is the only bike shop in Accrington itself, but there is one as you leave Accrington, in a place called Church. Or is it in Oswaldtwistle? 🤔 @Nibor will know which area/town it's in and the name of the bikes and car parts/accessories place, as he lives in the area.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I cycled through it to pick up my current van, in the brief minutes it took me to ride through, I witnessed a fight between a gang of girls outside a pub, did make me ride a bit faster!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I cycled through it to pick up my current van, in the brief minutes it took me to ride through, I witnessed a fight between a gang of girls outside a pub, did make me ride a bit faster!

Was the fight outside the Wetherspoons in the town centre? About 2 years ago a friend witnessed women fighting outside the place, with one of them on the floor taking a cowardly beating. According to my friend, a car flew up and a bloke got out and dragged the one on the floor onto the back seat, completely poleaxed! :ohmy:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@Accy cyclist - it was a private eBay purchase, the whole of £10.50 on a frameset.

Nibor

Bewildered
Was it this place on Abbey Street,

View attachment 716090
or a bought from a home buy? This is the only bike shop in Accrington itself, but there is one as you leave Accrington, in a place called Church. Or is it in Oswaldtwistle? 🤔 @Nibor will know which area/town it's in and the name of the bikes and car parts/accessories place, as he lives in the area.

The Chuirch/ Oswaldtwistle one is long gone the only other Bike shop in the borough is in your home town @Accy cyclist

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
But why would you get off, if you're going to Preston? If you stepped off the train it might set off, leaving you behind.

Perhaps I could have paused awhile, lingering by the fountains, listening to a string quartet, perhaps taken tea on a roof terrace before continuing my journey refreshed and ready to face the evils of Cumbria.

Top Bottom