If ever there was an incentive to pedal fast !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My brother rides a mountain bike in the glacial drumlins around Lake Michigan and last week he went out alone and reports hearing a snort behind him and the sound of big feet on the trail. Says he cycled like a mad man for 10 minutes, absolutey terrified.

burntoutbanger

Veteran
Depends what kind of bear it is. Brown bears can't climb trees so climb a tree. Black bears won't touch carrion so play dead.

Or it might be the other way around, which may not be particularly helpful.

Climb the tree and then play dead? Best to cover all bases.

My brother rides a mountain bike in the glacial drumlins around Lake Michigan and last week he went out alone and reports hearing a snort behind him and the sound of big feet on the trail. Says he cycled like a mad man for 10 minutes, absolutey terrified.

Hulk Hogan?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It certainly beats gels for energy!

Slick

Guru
The Scottish version would be a couple of months back whilst working away from home, a bull ran at me alongside a fence line. I didn't want to take any chances, and peddled as hard as I could to get clear. Must have looked funny if anyone was watching. :blush:

The Scottish version would be a couple of months back whilst working away from home, a bull ran at me alongside a fence line. I didn't want to take any chances, and peddled as hard as I could to get clear. Must have looked funny if anyone was watching. :blush:
What did you peddle? Red capes or sequenced tights?

Top Bottom