If you and your partner registered with a dating site......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We met via a dating agency, and having both just pondered this question don't have a clue how we were matched up apart from being same age and living in the same area. But then isn't most peoples first contact likely to be something similar even if done in a bar/club/wedding?
Still its worked for 15 years and 2 kids and she's still gorgeous.

If I don't log into Cyclechat (Firefox does strange things to my cookies) I get advertising at the top advising the possibility of "dating hot single women in Chelmsford".

If thats representative of online dating algorithm, then I suspect not.

Night Train

Maker of Things
When my ex wife and I split up we were still in the same house that we had just bought. As there were four flats in the house we took two flats each, mine at the front top, her's at the back ground.

I eventually went on a dating site. This was in the days of dial up and simple contact sites with no photos. I got chatting to a woman and we were getting on quite well bouncing messages back and forth and talking about meeting up some time. I figured that I should really elaborate on the separation situation with my ex and tentatively described how things were and why.

A little while later the ex shouted up the stairs:
'Hey! Are you on (dating site)?'
'Urm, yeah. Why?'
'Cos I'm (profile name). You can stop chatting me up, it didn't work the first time!'

And so endith my first go at internet dating!:angry:

Since then we always cross checked with each other when we were internet dating until photos became the norm.

Night Train said:
When my ex wife and I split up we were still in the same house that we had just bought. As there were four flats in the house we took two flats each, mine at the front top, her's at the back ground.

I eventually went on a dating site. This was in the days of dial up and simple contact sites with no photos. I got chatting to a woman and we were getting on quite well bouncing messages back and forth and talking about meeting up some time. I figured that I should really elaborate on the separation situation with my ex and tentatively described how things were and why.

A little while later the ex shouted up the stairs:
'Hey! Are you on (dating site)?'
'Urm, yeah. Why?'
'Cos I'm (profile name). You can stop chatting me up, it didn't work the first time!'

And so endith my first go at internet dating!:smile:

Since then we always cross checked with each other when we were internet dating until photos became the norm.

Quality post :angry:

Top Bottom