If you could live anywhere else...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Bavaria, summer and winter. Beautiful.

surfgurl

Edinburgh. But only if I can have Mother in Law's place in Marchmont. And on condition I can holiday somewhere hot from January to March.

MessenJah

Rider
I'd move somewhere that there are lots of cyclists, and where the law protects us. Somewhere flat; perfect for riding fixed. So perhaps the Netherlands. Not sure about Amsterdam though; bit too hectic for me.

I'd be able to go riding in France, Belgium, Italy etc. pretty easily from there, plus back 'home' I could ingest a bit of marijuana to soothe my aching muscles.

MessenJah

Rider
Uncle Mort said:
Amsterdam's pretty laid back and cyclists are tolerated (except by taxi drivers) - from personal experience, The Hague and Rotterdam are the ones to miss if you're a cyclist.
I know what Amsterdam is like, I spent a week cycling there. Too hectic for me.

gavintc

Guru
An interesting question. We (my wife is Canadian) had planned to move to Canada at some point, but of late our desires are more southern France. If money was no object, I would retain a place in Edinburgh, a place in southern France and a ski chalet in the French Alps. Realistically, on my current finances - somewhere in France.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I didnt like walking in Amsterdam, so would hate cycling in it.
Cycling in Delft was also not as good as i would of though. The amount of cyclist ment traveling fast was hard. You had to slow down, then pass, or get them to move over. You couldnt cycle on the road, and the cobbled cycle lanes were terrible to ride over at any decent speed.
Rotterdam i walked around, seemed busy. I think there were a few messengers about, or there were some people going around on fixed wearing lycra with messenger bags just cruising around:wacko:

Bigtallfatbloke

I think it would be more a matter of who I lived with rather than where I lived. So my answer is that i would live where those I love live.....unless of course they don't want to live on a caribean beach;):biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Opposite the Brienzer Rothorn Station on Lake Brienz, near Interlaken in Switzerland. :biggrin:

Work (?) on the Railway, cycle round the lake, swim in the lake (with wetsuit). Get to Basle or Zurich easily on the train. :sad:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Headgardener said:
Somewhere not far from the town of Bewdley on the banks of the river Severn in Worcestershire.

I nearly bought a house in Bewdley. It was by the Severn Valley Railway, with a set of signals at the end of the garden. But it was painted pink, and the front garden had been concreted over.:biggrin:

Top Bottom