If you had to describe yourself in a derogatory manner....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
"If you had to describe yourself in a derogatory manner...."

Fortunately I don't have to, otherwise I wouldn't know where to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Flying_Monkey said:
It's funny how people are quite generous to themselves even when asked to describe their worst sides.

At my worst, I can be, or have been some or all of: vain, pompous, arrogant, uncaring, insensitive, a liar, a cheat, a seducer, a hypocrite, and probably other things besides.

I may have been particularly bad during my life, but I don't think so. I reckon that people who say that their worst failing is being something rather mundane or slightly irritating are either lying to us, or perhaps more importantly, themselves... and yes, I know this is just a question on a cycling forum... but it interests me.

I genuinely admire your honesty and have to say +1. However in my defence your honour, being all that occupied a relatively small part of time I've wasted, most of it being well in the past and now I'll cough to very occasionally being numbers three and four.

Have we got a smiley with a very slightly tarnished halo?

Kirstie

Über Member
Who needs to describe themselves in a derogatory manner when User76 will do the honours and take it to the nth degree?

yello

Blimey, how long a list do you want? All of the 'self' words for a start; -ish, -obsessed, -pitying, etc etc etc. Miserable, oh lord I can be miserable. Bleak, negative and down-right depressing to be around. Arrogant, impatient, intolerant, even childish. Sometimes in witnessing my own antics I would have thought I was about 5. Mardy as they come. Shut me in a room and don't let me out until I can behave.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Kirstie said:
Who needs to describe themselves in a derogatory manner when User76 will do the honours and take it to the nth degree?

But there's nothing wrong with a bit of talented amateurism before a pro takes over.:wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
In no particular order, I can be:

Pedantic, far too able to hold a grudge, pessimistic, snappy, lazy, diffident/afraid of doing stuff, and perhaps too likely to be wound up by people taking the piss. Oh, and a tendency when I'm angry, to cry instead of arguing constructively.

I'm also not speedy on a bike, although I don't see that as a downside, provided I'm not holding people up too much, I just know my pace and enjoy it.

Oh, and I could do with losing a stone, really.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's bad enough having other people doing it, without me joining in... :blush:

tyred

Legendary Member
Where do I start:wacko:

Opinionated, pedantic, lazy, cynical, stubborn, quiet and shy, allow myself to be wound up by others, very critical of myself, I'm sure I could find other words to describe myself if I had a flick through a dictionary.

Apart from that, I'm a nice person:tongue:

Also very slow on a bike but don't give a shoot. I'll live life at my own pace.:blush:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Lazy, unambitious, pedantic, drunkard, unempathic, uncommunicative, angry, cynical, smelly, psycho.

Though I'd argue that pedantry and cynicism are plus points!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As Rabbie said

O wad some Power the gift tae gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An foolish notion:
What airs in dress an gait wad lea'e us,
An ev'n devotion!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
That's well put. How many of us would dare to risk asking a friend/colleague to honestly tell us what people thought of us?

Top Bottom