If you're not cycling in the snow..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Been out enjoying natures playground myself.
image.jpg

OP
OP
HovR

HovR

Über Member
View attachment 17684
bit more snow today but not a lot, (and no there isn't a bolt in my stem it has the old clamp type headset in case you are wondering)

We haven't had any more snow today, but it's forecast for tomorrow (there goes the Sunday club road ride, I'll have to get out on the mountain bike again!)

I love the bike by the way! Do you have any high-res pictures of it you could post?

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
We haven't had any more snow today, but it's forecast for tomorrow (there goes the Sunday club road ride, I'll have to get out on the mountain bike again!)

I love the bike by the way! Do you have any high-res pictures of it you could post?
I will see what I can do, its a new camera and I am as technical as my bike.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Still no snow here :sad:
You are all braving the elements with gusto, well done my heroes :wub:

OP
OP
HovR

HovR

Über Member
From today's ride. Initially when I set out it was going to be 7 miles, ended up doing 15 over a variety of road and off road terrain. ^_^

I started off with the intent of climbing to the top of Crickley hill, so I began the climb up Dog Lane.

20130120_152134.jpg

However Crickley turned out to be occupied by people sledging and cows!

20130120_153854.jpg

So I followed on up an A-Road for a few hundred meters where I found this snow plow.

20130120_154416.jpg

And this snow formation which I thought looked pretty neat.

20130120_154736.jpg

Google maps said this was a standard cross-roads junction. To get off the A-Road I had to carry my bike down the side of the bridge!

20130120_155659.jpg

I found a look-out point I'd never been to before, so I sat there for a bit watching some lads spin doughnuts around the abandoned car park in a Volvo. :laugh:

20130120_155346.jpg

I arrived in the small village of Birdlip.

20130120_160240.jpg

From Birdlip I took some off-road trails along the ridge...

20130120_160636.jpg

And then followed them down the hill.

20130120_161716.jpg

I then joined the road from where I finished the descent of the hill and began my way home.

20130120_160352.jpg

I was starting to get cold feet by the end of the ride, but it was all great fun!

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Is that your only bike? And your job advert?
At the moment, I have had it years and only just rebuilt it. I am going to fetch my road bike out of storage soon and have a go at putting that back on the road. In the mean time I am looking at getting an old frame off ebay and turning it into a training hack, finding a good 25" locally is a bit of a problem though.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
At the moment, I have had it years and only just rebuilt it. I am going to fetch my road bike out of storage soon and have a go at putting that back on the road. In the mean time I am looking at getting an old frame off ebay and turning it into a training hack, finding a good 25" locally is a bit of a problem though.
Excellent and inspiring. One bike for all seasons and rides.

Top Bottom