I'll bet Arch could knit it in a week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, but not this week coz she's got to finish her homework;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fantastic! ;)

Funnily enough, I'm currently doing a scarf for my sister, in light grey - a sort of brain colour...

I wish I could knit my PhD...

Maz

Guru
I've just thought. Is knitting a dying art? Do any kids these days do knitting? I used to do a bit (only straight lines, and very slowly). Mum used to (and still does) make loads and loads of stuff - jumpers, tanktops, babywear, hats, scarves etc you name it. And all with beautifully crafted patterns, spirals n stuff.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Knitting is hugely fashionable these days, there has been a big resurgence in it - people (mainly women, I think, but not exclusively), go to 'stitch and bitch' sessions held in coffee shops and so on, taking advantage of the fact that you can knit and natter at the same time.

I suspect maybe people treat it more as an art or craft form than merely a practical method of making stuff. Next time you're in Smiths, look to see if they have any of 2 or 3 knitting magazine titles I can think of, all full of trendy patterns and ads for expensive yarns.

Yes, there are even knitting forums....

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
Knitting is hugely fashionable these days, there has been a big resurgence in it - people (mainly women, I think, but not exclusively), go to 'stitch and bitch' sessions held in coffee shops and so on...
'Stitch and bitch' - what a great name! :biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Maz said:
I've just thought. Is knitting a dying art? Do any kids these days do knitting? I used to do a bit (only straight lines, and very slowly). Mum used to (and still does) make loads and loads of stuff - jumpers, tank tops, baby wear, hats, scarves etc you name it. And all with beautifully crafted patterns, spirals n stuff.

Yep. My daughter does. I taught her and my wife to knit. My daughter has just taken up crochet and has made her first coaster.

My last big project was abandoned when the was getting fatter faster than I could knit. :wacko:

Top Bottom