I'm back (at last)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FBOAB

Hi folks. After a LONG period away from the bike (one hell of a battle with the old depression lark but I think I'm over the worst), I've finally got back on and rode. Okay, it's only 27 miles of the Tissington trail but it's a start.

col

Legendary Member
FBOAB said:
Hi folks. After a LONG period away from the bike (one hell of a battle with the old depression lark but I think I'm over the worst), I've finally got back on and rode. Okay, it's only 27 miles of the Tissington trail but it's a start.

Only 27 miles? I dont think my first long ish ride will be anywhere near that?
Great to hear your over the worst. The nicer weather will help, I always feel good on a nice sunny day on the bike.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Nothing wrong with the Tissington Trail.

Try telling that to my girlfriend!
It's an old railway line, says I, it's practically flat!
Turns out it's a steady (if gentle) downhill to Ashbourne, which is all fine until we turn around to head back to where we started.xx( Sorry, my love...

Welcome back FBOAB! Enjoy the longer evenings, the warmer weather and the miles disappearing beneath your wheels!

JonoB

Über Member
Junior member? At the age of 45? Or is this referring to a certain part of my anatomy?:sad:

Cycling while laughing: "dangerous, but an important diversion for those of us who are followed by the black cloud"

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Welcome back.
I bought some fabulous steaks in a really nice butcher's shop in Tissington recently!

OP
OP
F

FBOAB

Well thanks to you all. I'm toutched.
Oh there's certainly nothing wrong at all with the Tissington trail at all. Okay the trail is fairly non descript but the views! And the silence! Just wish it was less than a couple of hours drive from me too.
Sort of getting into disused railway trails for some reason (must be the medication!) Any others worth considering?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
FBOAB said:
Well thanks to you all. I'm toutched.
Oh there's certainly nothing wrong at all with the Tissington trail at all. Okay the trail is fairly non descript but the views! And the silence! Just wish it was less than a couple of hours drive from me too.
Sort of getting into disused railway trails for some reason (must be the medication!) Any others worth considering?

Well, the High Peak Trail is an extension but you probably know that.

Top Bottom