I'm in love with my meat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, it's a cookery thread! :biggrin:
I've been mostly cooking with shin of beef recently. £3.84/kg in Sainsburys at the mo'. £3.84/kg!!!! Makes a bloody good steak and kidney stew. :ohmy:
At the weekend I shall be mostly making an huge beef stew with lots of home grown veg. :sad:

Does anyone else have bits of meat that they love?

cyclenic

meat

I love you'r meat too chuffy :sad:

no...... i mean i love beef. a nice beef roast mmmmm

Noodley

Venison. Just bought a load of it today.
I have also just started to buy local Hebridean Lamb which is stunningly good. (I am also thinking about keeping sheep).
Highland Beef - superb, buy it from the estate a few miles away.
Fish - I know a few local fishermen.
Birds - my neighbour gives me grouse, pheasant, geese, duck, etc FOC.
All other meat - there is a field 100 yards from my house and my neighbour keeps me in cheap supply of meat from the cattle raised.

All my veg is local, mostly seasonal and free - well the local farmers let me help myself from the field :sad: And likewise with fruit....

Calum

I'm a level four vegan. I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

purpleR

Guru
gratts said:
I'm getting more into fish right now..
May have to try some cheaper cuts of meat though, pretty skint! :sad:

A nice roast chicken - followed by many delicious roast chicken sandwiches and soup or stock from its bones. Even if you get a fancy cossetted chicken it's a bargain compared to 2 fish suppers/ couple of drinks in the pub/ bought sarnies etc etc...

ChrisKH

Guru
Yep, pan fried belly/loin of pork for me. Not good for you I'm sure but luverly with roast spuds and cranberry stuffing. Pan made gravy/sauce mandatory. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Top Bottom