Injury prone newbie. Feel free to laugh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Di Di

Di Di

Welcome, is that you in your avatar..........holding the bottle of........erm water:laugh:
Erm....Yes. I just found that bottle. It was empty, so I filled it with water. Not even making it up.

young Ed

Veteran
i have a scar for welllll for being a stupid child! i was riding my cheap little BSO (bicycle shaped object) down a hill on a private road on a campsite and then coming up the other side of the road was a van so i decided to swerve and get off the road out of he way (i wasn't even in the way) and then hit a great big rock at the side of the road and came off BADLY cue lots of :cry::cry::B)!
note to self: nurses picking tarmac and grit out of one knee that is covered in alcohol to sterilize it is bl**dy painful!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Di Di

Di Di

I've only come off my bike twice. Both school girl errors. Twice I'd have laughed if I'd have been a bystander. (but then I am a bit cruel)

1. Took a corner too fast. slid on black ice. Was more bothered about who witnessed it. A white van man did. OF ALL THE PEOPLE *tuts*
B. (And a common one - right of passage, I'm led to believe) Unclipped left. Fell to the right. Standing still.

*sigh*

Maybe I should take up smoking or something else less dangerous.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Hello.
...I still have plantar faciitis...
It looks like the fresh air will not be an option for the foreseeable as over the weekend, I managed to fall off the toilet, braking my hand. It is now in a cast. There *may* have been alcohol involved.

I've been off work for the past two days and I'm bored to death. Today, I googled turbo training whilst in a cast and I discovered you guys.

So. Hello :smile:

Will be attempting a small session in the morning......
:welcome:
I had plantar faciitis in both feet - extremely painful!
Hope the hand heals quick and you can get out on the bike soon :smile:

young Ed

Veteran
I've only come off my bike twice. Both school girl errors. Twice I'd have laughed if I'd have been a bystander. (but then I am a bit cruel)

1. Took a corner too fast. slid on black ice. Was more bothered about who witnessed it. A white van man did. OF ALL THE PEOPLE *tuts*
B. (And a common one - right of passage, I'm led to believe) Unclipped left. Fell to the right. Standing still.

*sigh*

Maybe I should take up smoking or something else less dangerous.
you aren't alone on the clipping out accident it is all part of owning pedals and shoes like that! i haven't had it yet but then again my first pair of clip-less (clip in!) pedals shall be in the post to me soon, so we shall see how many injuries they can cause me then!
will probably be coming off on the busy A28 the one and only A road near me that i hate with 50mph zones in places!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Di Di

Di Di

Yes. Thank you. I managed a short one. Just short sharp sprints. A bit difficult but not impossible.

AND I DIDN'T FALL OFF :becool:

Think my cadence sensor has also fallen off the loo as it reckoned in the 30 mins, I managed a whopping 1.1 miles. :ohmy:

It's measuring cadence but not speed.

Stoopid thing.

Top Bottom