Introduction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Hello,
I live in Southern Cal and started riding road bikes in 2014 to improve my health. Because of advancing age I have given strong consideration to buying an e road bike.

Hello and welcome!

I'm curious. If your goal is to improve your health why would you consider a bike that is physically easier to ride?
If the goal is exercise and not performance or distance, surely it makes more sense to use a bike that requires more effort?
What are the issues you have with the current bike?

I understand that cycling should be enjoyable and if an ebike is the difference between going out or not then it's a no brainer.

I also understand that the benefits of a bike ride are more than the exertion.

Perhaps difficult sections of your current routes could be eased by better gearing?

However, if you don't need the assistance, perhaps the expense of a new ebike could be diverted into an acoustic bike adventure? A few days in unfamiliar country on a bike touring adventure might be a great way of boosting motivation and widening the scope of your cycling?

I've found that spending money on experiences is far more rewarding than spending money on things.

Also, be aware that this is predominantly a UK site with some of us posters in Europe. As such, our experience of Ebikes is quite different to the US where there seems to be a preponderance of E and very little bike.

Top Bottom