Is cycling bad for the heart??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Some people are so proud of failing to understand a simple sentence that they are driven to write paragraphs proving their failure.

@gzoom wrote that latest research suggests there is increased risk of AF amongst cyclists above general population. @FishFright all I’m asking for is for @gzoom to provide links to the latest research that says this. They say the BHF and a professor of cardiology also say this. Again, all I want is the links to where they say this, so I can read it for myself. Instead I get told I can’t read their sentences.

Please provide the links, backing up your assertion below.

70638FDB-0C1C-42C9-A10F-EC5BDD456D48.jpeg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
@gzoom wrote that latest research suggests there is increased risk of AF amongst cyclists above general population. @FishFright all I’m asking for is for @gzoom to provide links to the latest research that says this. They say the BHF and a professor of cardiology also say this. Again, all I want is the links to where they say this, so I can read it for myself. Instead I get told I can’t read their sentences.

Please provide the links, backing up your assertion below.

View attachment 683407

Then why not just ask for a link ? We all love a good rant but creating your own drama and being surprised when people notice you're throwing your toys out of the pram again, while amusing, is not great behaviour.

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
Don't worry. Gzoom is trying to justify only having electric bikes given he's a relatively fit 40 year old and is smashing it on Strava and Zwift.

Mid 50's here, sporting missing bits of spine, electric bike, no way, not till I'm 90.

Peloton not Zwift :smile:

Fastpedaller

My 2p worth......
Whatever research shows, I'd suggest it's up to the individual.
A pal of mine has always stated "I wouldn't do a sport seriously because you'll end up with arthritis"
To which my reply is "I'd prefer to do what I enjoy, rather than getting to 80 (or whatever age) and saying 'I wish I'd done xxx' when it's probably no longer an option"
So go and enjoy it folks, and to hell with the 'you'll get Ill' doomsayers!

OP
OP
G

gzoom

Über Member
Just a link to the BHF website page with their statement (referencing peer reviewed and completed research) backing your claim, will do for recognition.

I didn't all you want is a link, surely you know about the cochrane evidence pyramid, link is a worthless as what comes out of Poliitcans mouths:smile:.

Sadly I my day job is so busy I don't have time to do databases search, summarised, and than get peer review, so in the absence of time I defer to your expert knowledge on the subject........though actually in reality I will rarely disagree with SWMBO, especially if that disagreement is based on someone someone posts on a cycling forum :smile:.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sadly I my day job is so busy I don't have time to do databases search,

What database, you said the BHF and a professor of cardiology (what is their name?) and the latest research output backed up your assertion. Therefore, it must be on their website, and you must have seen it, and have the links surely?

Why defer, if you have the evidence to hand from these sources?

Last edited:
Top Bottom