Is it right/acceptable to let your dog crap on someones lawn ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Problem solved, possibly with the addition for an enclosed pen for a bit of exercise and defacating.

When I lived in New York in the 80s I looked after an indoors only cat for a while when its owner moved out of our shared apartment. It seemed quite happy.

It used to vomit up semi digested cockroaches as a party trick.

Jody

Stubborn git
Cat owners seem to find something similar perfectly acceptable.

It gets thrown back onto the owners garden (if within range)

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
This morning a woman was walking her dog on a lead. She deliberately allowed it to crap on a neighbours front lawn (not fenced).
She stood there, complete with poo bag and gloves and 'cleared up'.
However the couple living there have 2 children that, come spring will play on that grass.
I have never owned a dog and have no idea what is acceptable but I think it's disgusting.

Come spring, whatever is left from that doggy dump will be long gone, through rainfall etc.

But, no, very poor form from the owner, that.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
growing up in the 70s and early 80s when seemingly no one cleaned up after their dog, ever... todays do poo hotspots are nothing in comparison. The back alleys between the terraced houses where my nana lived were home to hundreds of turds. The council would clear up maybe once or twice a year and a week or two later it was back to turdmageddon xx(

Don't get me started .... Life is a constant battle in my garden against the vile little crapping machines. I've tried ultrasonic devices (waste of money), I've tried Renardine (which is now illegal to buy and doesn't work anyway). I set up black cotton trip wires which can be quite effective to protect young plants. I save thorny branches to put on borders to deter them. I've tried all kinds of useless stuff from the garden centre. On the rare occasions I get a chance and see them I use the hosepipe on them or throw anything I have to hand at them. The war goes on.

One grandparent nailed several 6 inch nails through a plank of wood then nailed that onto the top of the wooden fence at the end of the garden the neighbourhood cats used as a cat highway. That totally changed the patches local cats travelled. Helped by a cat chasing dog either side of the fences. I once saw a determined cat get halfway across then have to jump down and run for its life to be back!

Another grandparent had some quite vicious branches of thorns fastened to his boundary that was used by cats. I once saw a cat on top of the fence struggling to get off without getting a scratch. These were thorns that scratches you leaving vicious red lines that took weeks to fully disappear so the cats only jumped up there once and learnt the message.

BTW in don't condone that our any animal cruelty. Cats are just being cats, not their fault!

On an aside. My old village had a village Bobby who wrote in the neighbourhood watch newsletter on security issues. Being a keen and knowledgeable gardener he wrote about using plants to deter burglars. One plant I recall vaguely was a species of euphorbia with especially long and vicious thorns. Being a climber he recommended growing around drainpipes or windows to deter break ins. Apparently of anyone broke into a house with such defences the red Wealdstone would be so obvious and painful that if it was one of the regular suspects it would be sufficient evidence of being involved that he could get a warrant to search the culprits home on the basis of these especially bad scratches. It seems policemen back then had a vicious side to them when it came to burglars!

johnnyb47

Guru
Have you seen those ultrasonic/Infrared devices that are connected to a garden water sprinkler.. Any movement of a cat entering your garden will activate it..
I've seen them for sale in lidl from time to time.. I've not tried them but they look like a good idea.

I know someone who looked after a house cat for a friend. It was completely white when it was dropped off but had yellow paws and yellow patches on its back and other places. The cat carer was a messy cook and prepared curry while the cat brushed against her legs. She dropped turmeric in the floor and back of the cat. The cat cleaned itself after walking through the turmeric spreading it further. Apparently it took best part of a year before all the yellow had mounted off the cats coat!

Top Bottom