Is this why trucks kill so many cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

psbr69

They've started putting bike lanes on some rural highways. Here in the city there is a bike lane along one of the roads I take to work, but there's no way in hell I would cycle to work. Not because I'm against it, I think it would be great for me to get in shape.. I'm just deathly afraid of lunatics in BMWs and SUVs that drive 60+miles an hour along suburban streets yapping on their phones.

Dan_h

They've started putting bike lanes on some rural highways. Here in the city there is a bike lane along one of the roads I take to work, but there's no way in hell I would cycle to work. Not because I'm against it, I think it would be great for me to get in shape.. I'm just deathly afraid of lunatics in BMWs and SUVs that drive 60+miles an hour along suburban streets yapping on their phones.

Which city do you live in? I also thought it would be scary cycling in rush hour, but really it is not that bad. The traffic around me is generally heavy but relatively slow moving and with a bit of common sense you can generally navigate it okay. Another option is to use some quieter side roads if these are available, you don't always need to use the main arterial routes if you don't feel like mixing it with the traffic every day.

the OP's vid is scary though, at least it is not a British motorway he is driving on (although I bet you get just as much strange behaviour on them!).

Top Bottom