Isle of Wight Randonee, Sun 3rd May 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
I'm pulling out of this due to knee injuries...had to call in an emergancy lift from todays club run.

To all those who are going, have fun

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I've been in touch with the Isle of Wight tourist people, and they've assured me that all the hills will have been ironed flat by Sunday.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Ben Lovejoy said:
I've been in touch with the Isle of Wight tourist people, and they've assured me that all the hills will have been ironed flat by Sunday.
LOL...Hopefully the weather will be nicer than today!

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

The past two weekends, I've had perfect weather for all-day rides, so hopefully I'll maintain my record.

smokie36

Hi all,

Looks like I'm doing this now - leaving from Kite Hill. Though I'm getting a wee bit worried about all this talk of hills...:biggrin:

Mind you I did (just) manage to cycle up cheddar gorge yesterday so it can't be as bad as that. Can it?

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Any time a place is named after a hill, you know it's not going to be good :-)

montage

God Almighty
The IoW is more or less an extension of the south downs....but more vicious. When I did it there was a horrible head wind so I may be exaggerating it in my own mind....but it was hiiilly.

Most of the climbs are great fun though...a good mixture of all different types of hills on the island!

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

I understand several forumites are starting from Wooten, so Donald will text me as you set off and we'll meet at the chain-link ferry in Cowes.

Can't imagine there will be vast numbers of Trices there, but mine is black (with black sidepod bags) and the fairing will be fitted. I will also be wearing a shockingly hi-viz t-shirt. :-)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Ben,
Sounds good to me, planning to make the 0800 car ferry into Fishbourne (got the alarm set already, as I'll need an early start to make it round by six...!), I think Cunobelin and a few others are too. I imagine folders will be in as vast numbers as trikes...probably fewer :biggrin: We can be domestiques for each other puffing up them bloomin' hills :biggrin:
Bike here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27476738@N04/3349525537/
Likely jersey here: http://www.primaleurope.com/p-198-metallica-ride-the-lightning-mens-cycling-jersey.aspx (should be easy to spot- and if it's not that one, something similar!).

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Cool - the plan is to meet on the Cowes side of the chain-link ferry at around 08:45-9:00.

The trikes can claim to be waiting for the folders up the hills, and vice-versa. :-)

I will be on the 08:00 ferry, a good social usually meet a few fgrom this and other sites.

I will be on a black Thorn Nomad, as the Trike is still off the road.

Although there will be a delay as my wife is still deciding whether she is coming along (55k) or not (100k) - as a result I will be in the long queue at Wootton.

Top Bottom