It could only happen to me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Ranger said:
I had a seat post snap, no injuries but I had to cycle the 13 miles home stood up on the pedals and that hurt lots
Dittoxx( But probably only 10 miles!

Mr Pig

Headgardener said:
As it was a boingy one, I might replace the post with a solid one.

I've got a suspension seatpost here I don't need, it was on a bike I bought off a mate. It's not very old and you can have it for the cost of postage if you like? About £5 I guess?

bonj2

Headgardener said:
Tonight while cycling home from Church the saddle clamp bolt on my bike sheared whils't going over a raised zebra crossing. There was a sharp bang and the saddle dropped from underneath me and left me sitting on the remains of the top of the seat post, when I stopped and looked back the saddle and parts of the saddle clamp were srewn across the road. Forunatly there was no traffic about so I recovered the remains and carried on home. Has anybody ever had this happen to them?

God was obviously displeased.

Crankarm

Guru
Dave5N said:
The emporeroorererer has spoke.

Can't see the point of suspension seatposts - surely they just dissipate your pedalling effort?

I was scpetical just like you until about 3 years ago when I thought I would try one as it was mega cheap. Now I wouldn't cycle without one. I do a lot of miles and all sawness has disappeared and the ride is so much more comfortable You can ride a lot further in a lot more comfort. I too thought it would be inefficient re: pedal action/power but not a bit, if anything pedalling efficiency uncreases as you are so much more comfortable rather then gettng bashed about bouncing on the saddle. My seat post only moves up and down about 1/4-1/2" as far as I can judge obviously this will vary on the setting of the suspension seat post ;).

Top Bottom