It's a mystery...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
ComedyPilot said:
Quote Kovu:

"I'm a football fan. I'll admit that, and surprisingly I know a hell of a lot about it........"

I'm not a football fan, I know next to naff all about it, but I believe there is a small triviality called...errrr..............GOAL DIFFERENCE????? ;)

Ahhh but that doesn't come into play until the last day of the season really. And I like to keep Hull as high as possible in my eyes. :biggrin:

It's Hull City AFC.
Sorry but I'm a bit (ok, very) biased on this. BTW Hull FC are the egg-chasing rugby types we share the ground with. I can also see I'm setting myself up for being wound up on here, but never min.

No big stars? Perhaps no household names (yet), but surely Geovanni and Marlon King are known well enough? The name Turner will become known.
International break saw 9 players off to their national squads.

I never, probably like the rest of the Tiger nation never hoped for anything more than survival this season. The run of "luck" started way back at the start of the year when we started to climb the championship table.
So lucky? Some but mostly lots of hard work and some masterful game plans by Phil Brown. Only second away team to win at the Emirates being evidence for it, Wenger given a game he wasn't expecting and caught well off-guard.

Phil Browns Hull is nothing like it has ever been before.
And I'm feeling ;) about it.

Kovu

Über Member
Ahhh come on Piemaster. Hull are doing brilliant and they are most people's second team now, and I like Geovanni alot, he'll do (and is doing) brilliant for you guys this season, and you will stay high, but I can hardly see a Hull v Valencia Champion's league final or something among those lines?

Willow

NickM said:
What does the manager of Hull FC do that the ex-manager of Spurs didn't do?

I'm not particularly interested in football per se, more in how it is that some managers, sometimes, get footballers to win matches against all expectation. For example (thanks to Wikipedia for facts):

Swindon Town (ok don't laugh but it's where I came from) Lou Macari, Glen Hoddle and Ossie Ardilles all managed to do good things with no money. No one else has managed it. Of course if we hadn't been demoted from the first division, as was then for non payment of the tax bill who knows where we would be now. (ok same place as we are!)

Kovu

Über Member
Willow;451501][quote=NickM said:
What does the manager of Hull FC do that the ex-manager of Spurs didn't do?

I'm not particularly interested in football per se, more in how it is that some managers, sometimes, get footballers to win matches against all expectation. For example (thanks to Wikipedia for facts):

Swindon Town (ok don't laugh but it's where I came from) Lou Macari, Glen Hoddle and Ossie Ardilles all managed to do good things with no money. No one else has managed it. Of course if we hadn't been demoted from the first division, as was then for non payment of the tax bill who knows where we would be now. (ok same place as we are!)

Your right about the last part! ;):biggrin:

ComedyPilot said:
Yes, I know it is, I was just being humourous. Didn't you notice the Liverpool Utd, Chelsea Rovers quip too?:sad:

Indeed I did.
And still couldn't stop myself.:biggrin:

Another manager who deserves some recognition: Nigel Adkins at Scunny. Also seems to do well with very little resources (crowds <5000), which really showed with the very brief time in the championship, lack of funds to strengthen meant it was always going to be a fight. More importantly is above the white sh!te in the league and has his team playing football.

Top Bottom