It's like walking on bubble wrap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I did the 'Chatsworth Challenge' yesterday, a 25 mile charity walk (yomp) through the Peak District, in, out and over all the dales, cloughs and edges the sadistic route planner could find.
Mrs VC and I finished it in under 10 hours :tongue:

Anyway today my feet have grown a fantastic set of blisters that have given me a gate similar to Mrs Overall, and it feels like someone has strapped bubble wrap to my paws xx(:smile:

Just to put you off your tea, there may be a visit from Mr Poppington later, definitely no biking for a few days.:biggrin:

Go on, climb a step-ladder, jump off and pop the lot in one go. :smile:

MajorMantra

The Velvet Curtain said:
Anyway today my feet have grown a fantastic set of blisters that have given me a gate similar to Mrs Overall, and it feels like someone has strapped bubble wrap to my paws xx(xx(

All I got was this lousy door.:smile:

Matthew

Well done & I bet you had a great day, sorry about the blisters. I did a similar one going up from Edale & a circuit crossing the Snake road & back up Mam tor etc. That took about the same, although we spent lots of time drinking tea & eating cake!!! However that was when I was doing lots of those things being younger & dafter.
I'm thinking about doing a charity walk from Manchester to Todmorden on the canal, 22 miles - & I haven't trained - do you think I could do it without my knees packing in? I did 15 of it last year because of logistics & that was no problem.
Advice please.

OP
OP
T

TVC

Chuffy said:
Go on, climb a step-ladder, jump off and pop the lot in one go. :smile:

Nasty Nasty man! xx(:evil:

Campfire - if it's mostly on tow path you should be fine I would have thought, it's decending that tends to do your knees in. Plenty of Pub breaks help as well.

Ta for the congrats!

Wolf04

Thread a needle, shove said needle through blister, remove needle leaving thread. Repeat on others. Leave thread in overnight blisters will be gone in the morning. :blush:

There's a point Velvet Curtain - as I won't be driving owing to point B being 22 miles from point A & point A being 17ish miles from my home, I'm going to have to get a lift from kind husband & get a train back so the pub visits sound like a good idea. I believe there's a good chip shop nearly at Toddy so I might even break my no chips rule! I'm also taking 2 walking poles - I could always pole jump across the canal.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
The Velvet Curtain said:
... there may be a visit from Mr Poppington later...(

Just to check, that's not a euphemism for premature ejaculation is it?

Top Bottom