I'v got a cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Quick bit of advice needed.

Doing the Pedal For Scotland on Sunday bit I've got a bit of a chill/cold coming on. So far I've just ignored it, I was out the last two nights and felt none the worse, maybe a bit achey afterwards but nothing terrible.

Two days to go. Would I be better continuing to ignore it or should I curl up in a duvet? Don't want it to get worse, if it stays as it is I can live with it.

You have human flu - go and suck a lemon.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I would rest easy untill Sunday. Sofa, Duvet, DVD's and some medication. If it is going to get worse it will whether you rest or not, but carrying on as normal may make it worse.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Wigsie said:
but carrying on as normal may make it worse.

Sometimes that's true but I've also found that you can sometimes shake things off before they get started by just keeping working. Don't want to miss Sunday, I'm psyched up for it now.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Mr Pig said:
Sometimes that's true but I've also found that you can sometimes shake things off before they get started by just keeping working. Don't want to miss Sunday, I'm psyched up for it now.

I agree, but if your already primed and psyched for sunday why gamble? Only you know how you feel, ordinarily i would push on but if I had somethin i wanted to do on sunday (like the 140k circuit of kent I have pulled out of as my back is fecked :biggrin::laugh:!) I would take it easy and shake whatever I had off.

Good luck either way! :smile:

Jonathan M

So close to the event you are not going to gain any further fitness, if you do insist on riding then it should be easy pace, just a quick spin really.

Strenuous exercise can make us more prone to catching infections more readily, if you already have a cold and ride too hard, then by sunday you may be feeling a lot rougher.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Go home tonight and get in a hot bath then turn on the hot water and raise the temperature as high as you can, then stay in and sweat for as long as you can bear it. You'll be fine tomorow.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Each to his own, but I find it best to just carry on and ignore. Wallowing only encourages it. Give it a day or two and it kind of shrugs its shoulders and slouches off.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Thank you for the advice. I think I'll be ok if it stays as it is. Bit cheesed off as I have to drive for hours tomorrow, could've done with a day taking it easy, but oh well. Weather here is looking great by the way!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You might need to bring a backpack on Sunday after all to hold your supply of paper hankies B)

Blowing snot-rockets when surrounded by your CC pals might not be the best idea... :smile:

Top Bottom