I've entered the ballot for next years London Marathon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

What do you reckon my chances of getting a place are.
a) Eff all
;) Slim
c) Not a chance
d) More chance of hell freezing over
e) Dream on Greedo

PaulB

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
No probs entering the London half-marathon (as I did in 2005). And you know why? I tell you why.

As soon as I'd paid the registration fee, and only then, did I realise where and when the venue was.

Date was a cold freezing, windy, dark February. The venue was an unsheltered, concrete, tarmac wilderness otherwise known as Silverstone.

Course merely consisted of running round the track a few times.

Managed it in 2hrs 5min but it was a drab day.

That's truly disgusting.

As for entering the marathon, the best way to ensure you get to run it is to belong to a club. If you lose out in the ballot, your club will have a number of discretionary places given to them and most (all?) opperate an in-club ballot which is much more in your favour. You just give your rejection slip in with any other club members and they make a much smaller draw. My club normally get six places and last year there were only four rejections so we had two spare.

trio25

Über Member
I've entered, as being there on sunday reminded me I want to do it again and I'm thinking I should start building up the rejections!

trio25

Über Member
Yes you have to raise about £1500 if you do it that way, it costs the charity £500 so they get £1000 for the charity in the end. It is a way but there is a lot of pressure as you have to raise the money.

Top Bottom