I've just done a really bad thing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
and spent all my money on a PS3 xx(

I'm off to do the dishes now as punishment.

PS any good games? I got Indiana Jones with the console, and bought pre-owned versions of Medal of Honour Airbourne (love MOH on the PC), and Burnout Paridise (well thought I might as well get a racing type game too).

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There's some interesting stuff out before christmas such as Lego Batman, that looks hilarious. MGS4 and DMC4 seems pretty popular, not my thing though. GTA4 of course. They've decided to release Bioshock later in the year on PS3. Quite a few of the 360 games aren't available on the PS3 though so recommendations are somewhat limited.

Remember, some PS3s are backwards compatible with PS1s but not PS2s if you want to extend your catalogue.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
... as is GTA4.

I've completed the game but can still play on after the 'story part' has ended, getting money from killing people, running errands, stealing cars to order... so much fun!!! xx(:biggrin::biggrin:

PrettyboyTim

Call of Duty 4 is great (I have it on PC, but the console versions are meant to be very good as well), as is GTAIV. At the moment I'm playing Oblivion on my 360 and I'm *loving* it. The PS3 version is just as good (a little better perhaps; faster loading). If you can abide the endless cutscene exposition, Metal Gear Solid 4 is meant to be very good as well.

It's worth looking at the PS3 Metacritic page and look at the all-time high scores panel on the right. It'll give you a good idea of which games are well regarded.

Also, have a look on the PS3 shop - there'll be a lot of game demos there so you can try before you buy.

helsbells

Don't really do computer games myself (megadrive, anyone?!), but my boyfriend loves assasin's creed, Drake's fortune and GTA IV. Based on his inability to hold a conversation while playing these, it seems they are quite engrossing!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I have a megadrive. Greatest console ever devised imho.

One of the problem with the PS3 is a lot of the games I liked on the 360 aren't available/won't be for a while/were written for it later for the PS3.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Well, I've set it up and played Lego Indiana Jones for far longer than I had intended. It was fun. I haven't played the other two games yet, I've just loaded them up to see if they work properly. Thought it would be best to put it away before I find myself up at some absurd hour in the morning.

I'm now hoping that Mr Plax takes a while to realise (or better still doesn't even notice), that the PS2 now looks decidedly different. I'm probably going to sell the PS2, or put it back in it's box and store it alongside my ancient Commodore 64 they very rarely gets an outing now. It's a tad annoying that they've stopped the 60gb PS3's that played PS2 games. Couldn't find a pre-owned one anyway and I'm not paying an absurd amount of money for one off ebay.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, in between riding a Galaxy, posting on here, and working, it's hard to see where the time for a PS3 is coming from, but anyways...
I hope you enjoy it Plax!

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Well, in between riding a Galaxy, posting on here, and working, it's hard to see where the time for a PS3 is coming from, but anyways...
I hope you enjoy it Plax!

I'm enjoying the delights of a week off work. Since it looks like it's going to be raining the majority of the time and I've done the dishes for this week I have plenty of time to entertain the spawn of satan ;)

Top Bottom