Just been assaulted

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I've heard expanding foam is a lot harder to remove

And quicker to deploy, just saying like 👍

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm not looking for an outcome as such, a mark on a card will do me so that if he does it again it will be taken into consideration, the next person may not come off as lightly as I have.

In an incident I had, I got a mark on the car,"yet another" the cops said - no evidence he threttened to run me down for being in the traffic in front of him. The 'car' was known according to the Police when I spend an hour in the station reporting it. Best outcome TBH.

Then get them with expanding foam in 6 months....... (better than spuds) :okay:

PaulB

Legendary Member
They will only disappoint me if they don't go & talk to him

Be prepared for disappointment then. You know there's a deficit of something like 20,000 coppers so we shouldn't expect a thorough response to a 'he said she said' dispute, no matter how aggrieved you might feel.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Be prepared for disappointment then. You know there's a deficit of something like 20,000 coppers so we shouldn't expect a thorough response to a 'he said she said' dispute, no matter how aggrieved you might feel.

You seem to be reading a lot into my posts that isn't there

PaulB

Legendary Member
You seem to be reading a lot into my posts that isn't there

Well so far, we've only heard your side of the story. I know we're all cyclists and most of us have had similar experiences but you have to live in the real world now and your grievance will be a long way from the top of your police thing's (force, service, team -delete where applicable) list of priorities. Heck, I bet the effort of tracking down the van's driver only to have to note down his side of the story isn't going to fill them with an evangelical zeal making them glad they joined the police. Get your revenge in another way.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Get your revenge in another way.
If you don't have faith in the system then I'm sorry for you, it's the only one we have,

PaulB

Legendary Member
If you don't have faith in the system then I'm sorry for you, it's the only one we have,

I don't. I've had the faith you've got now for a similar reason but I suspect that will soon be like mine. And we weren't 20,000 coppers down then. This is the modern world I'm sorry to say.

Riding up the housing estate to the field this morning, just before 7am, lights on the bike, a heard a car approaching & then it sounded it's horn, a white van then pulled around me & stood on the brakes, driver then opened the door & got out. I asked him what the issue was & he said something along the lines of "You blocking the f'ing road" At which point he took a swing at me, luckily I had the bike between us & managed to pull back so it wasn't much of a blow, but caused bleeding of the gum & inner cheek, he then fell onto the bike. I then took out my phone to which he said yeah go on take a picture my names Calvin, I didn't take a picture as he drove off I called 999.

Daft thing is it was a liveried van & I know the company, they operate out of a house further up the estate where presumably he was going, I've been to the field & done my chores & am now at home waiting for the Police to arrive, little more shaken than any physical damage.

Hope they come down hard on the creep.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Sadly, I'd say he's right. I've had trouble with neighbours, including two assaults, around here in the past. The police do very little apart from having a word with them. Unless you have very clear CCTV the police won't take it further.

Last edited:
Top Bottom