Karrimore Iberian Pannier clip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a pair of these Panniers, from the 1990s. Still going strong, but last week managed to lose one of the 'male' vertical strap clips from one of the main bags. I am furious with myself, would anybody have a spare clip, or redundant clip they are happy to part with, happy to pay something.

I know Karrimore went bust yonks ago (and the modern Karrimore branded stuff is Karrimore in name only) so little hope there, or does anybody know of suppliers of old karrimore parts?

Thank you

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Is that the round ones attached to the rack?

No, it is one of the strap clips, the straps are on the outside of the paaniers, and the straps along with the clips keep the bags closed when full.

So this clip is attached to one of the straps, like a sort of belt buckle, and it slots into the other clip which is sewn to the lower strap.

I have spare rack clips thank you, and can adapt other makes of rack clip if I had to.

Is this the one you mean if you are desperate I can take them off and send them - the pannier is time expired and is due for an honorable burial at the tip

HelenD123

Legendary Member
If it's just the clip you're missing, you can buy replacements in most outdoor shops. It wouldn't be an exact match but it would do the job.

robgul

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
If it's just the clip you're missing, you can buy replacements in most outdoor shops. It wouldn't be an exact match but it would do the job.

Indeed - but you would need to buy both the male and female parts and replace them (probably need some unpicking and re-sewing (or gluing would be simpler) for the "fixed" part. My Altura rack-bag has had a similar repair

Rob

HelenD123 said:

+1

Worst case scenario, any chandler / saddler / sailmaker / shoe repair shop would be able to remove the other half and fit a whole new buckle and clip.

Top Bottom