Kebab anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I wonder if they were going to put him on the spit if the rozzers hadn't turned up!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Dame Edna: 'I've never been happy with those donor kebabs..I mean, you don't know who the donor was, do you?'

simoncc

What's the corpse got to do with this story?

There are plenty of articles in my local press about fast food places getting shut down, mostly curry houses and kebab shops, and they all feature rats and flies like this one. If an employee drops dead at a clean kebab house I've no objection to the rest of the satff carrying on work while they make arrngements to get rid of the body, but if a kebab house is filthy I want it shut whether a corpse is on the premises or not.

Mr Pig

I went into a newly opened Asian takeaway shop in Airdrie years ago and the door through to the back shop had been left open. Trough the door I could see that the back room was a state and there was a filthy mattress in the middle of the floor! :0( I've never eaten from the shop again.

To be honest I don't have any faith in the health inspectors. The guy in this story had been found guilty of breeches on several occasions in the past but was allowed to continue trading. Why?

buggi

Bird Saviour
i was watching a tv programme about this stuff once and the health inspector says that before he eats in any restuarant he quickly nips round the back to see how they store their rubbish as its a good indicator of what the inside is like. if everything is properly in bins then it's prob ok to eat there; but if there are bags and bags of rubbish, with the rubbish spilling out and rats running around the place, don't touch it with a barge pole.

Abitrary

simoncc said:
but if a kebab house is filthy I want it shut whether a corpse is on the premises or not.

I think we see here a disgruntled council worker.

Keith Oates

Janner
Many years ago I was in a Burger King outlet in Rotterdam, it was near to closing time and the shop was almost empty when a dead rat dropped from the rafters in the ceiling onto the floor, close to the table where I was sitting. I've never been back into a Burger King since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I was installing some extra wiring in a kebab shop many years ago.
To reach the edges of the wall/ceiling to install the mini trunking I used a ladder part way round, then the big chest freezers got in the way. The chap who was there preparing the meat using the freezer lids as a work top motioned me to stand on the freezers. He kindly wiped the grease off first so I wouldn't slip.
I carried on drilling and fitting as I walked around on the freezers and the chap just kept on moving along a bit.
When he ran out of freezer top he transfered all his meat to the freezer tops that I had just walked on.
He didn't wipe any of it and I reckon the plaster dust and mini trunking swarf added texture to that evening's kebabs

Top Bottom