Keith Floyd's dead.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There was a show on C4 last night Keith (Allen) meets Keith (Floyd)... missed the show...

Yep, I watched the show last night. A raging alcoholic, about the same age as me, but looked 165 instead of 65. I felt sorry for his young daughter Poppy (20) who had come to Avignon to meet her father for the first time in years and was clearly disgusted that after so many health scares, he still hadn't the will to kick the bottle.

Blackandblue

Paul Narramore said:
Yep, I watched the show last night. A raging alcoholic, about the same age as me, but looked 165 instead of 65. I felt sorry for his young daughter Poppy (20) who had come to Avignon to meet her father for the first time in years and was clearly disgusted that after so many health scares, he still hadn't the will to kick the bottle.

I saw that bit of the show. Quite sad.

Interesting time for the tv show.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I caught the second half last night - quite shocked to see quite how raddled the old trout looked, so not that surprised by the news. Very sad.

A friend of mine once went to one of his succession of failed restaurants down in the west country. Wonderful ambience, lots of happy diners tucking in. They waited and waited and gradually became aware that nothing had emerged from the kitchens for ages. Suddenly the swing door crashed open, and out staggered the man himself, laden with bottles. "Sorry, can't cook - too pissed!" he roared, then toured the room, depositing a bottle of champagne on each one before staggering back into the kitchen.

RIP Mr Floyd. I think you got your money's worth.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
[quote name='swee'pea99']I

A friend of mine once went to one of his succession of failed restaurants down in the west country. Wonderful ambience, lots of happy diners tucking in. They waited and waited and gradually became aware that nothing had emerged from the kitchens for ages. Suddenly the swing door crashed open, and out staggered the man himself, laden with bottles. "Sorry, can't cook - too pissed!" he roared, then toured the room, depositing a bottle of champagne on each one before staggering back into the kitchen.

RIP Mr Floyd. I think you got your money's worth.[/QUOTE]

wow, what a legend!

May he be remembered for being original. The 'direction' of his camera in an ad hoc fashion still entertains me when I watch the shows on a Saturday with my Mum. A gentle, interesting type of television and a seemingly knowledgeable fellow. He'd have made a good mouseketeer! :biggrin:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
What a shame. A genuine bloke in the days of airbrushed, anodyne celebrity. I liked him and I think we will be poorer for his absence. Must remember to buy his book on making curries.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Uncle Mort said:
He still made it to a reasonable age for a "bon viveur" though didn't he?

I thought he was great - his cooking was often crap, his lifestyle was totally chaotic, he was obviously a big-head, but you got the impression he was a genuine original - not an X-Factor/Big brother type at all. I'd have liked to have got ratted with him - and I don't say that about many celebs.
+1 A GOOD BLOKE. As he said last night most of the TV cooks are just a bunch of c@nts!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Let's not forget Patrick Swayze too...
wouldn't want his death to be in the shadow of Keith, in a MotherTeresa/Lady Di, Farah Fawcett/Michael Jackson kinda way...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Blackandblue said:
I saw that bit of the show. Quite sad.

Interesting time for the tv show.

Just coincidence I think - he had cancer, but died of a heart attack, out of the blue.

Yeah, poor Patrick Swayze, he's been gazumped rather....

Top Bottom