Keith Peat's Written Evidence .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is tragically deranged, if I was a relative I'd be worried about his mental health.

• The Government's priorities and leadership role in improving road safety through traffic law enforcement.
    The focus on road safety and drivers already amounts to oppression of a valuable resource, drivers. It is not cost effective if we are killing more people by focusing on non accident causes at the expense of true accident causes and infrastructure. Looking from outside the Road Safety Industry bubble, many more lives could be saved off the road with the multi £billions already being devoured by aninsatiable industry too.
That last sentence isn't even a sentence. The man's deranged.

At the moment police are arresting drivers after an horrific accident, on suspicion of dangerous driving, on no more than a fishing exercise. Clearly anyone involved in such an accident is also in shock and too traumatised to comment; police should not be treating drivers as criminals on a routine basis. We are not dealing with burglars, robbers and murderers who generally have a prepared story for their pre-meditated conduct and unless found committing, are never arrested until sufficient cause has been established. Much of this is due to the word ‘accident’ deliberately being removed from the anti driver vocabulary just so an aggressive approach to drivers can be maintained.

lolz

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Is tragically deranged, if I was a relative I'd be worried about his mental health.
What if you were his dog?

As soon as these individuals become incapable of connecting the fact that the driver has committed an offence and they have been fined or censured for that offence, you know their grip on reality is fragile

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

There is less death on the road from all causes after some 300 billion driver miles a year, than from accidents in the home, than from hanging and strangulation and even than from self harm. There are other social killers too that far exceed road death. So unless all these other killers and deaths are unimportant, the only conclusion is that road safety is a very profitable source.

His sentences are making my brain hurt.

Keith Peat, the YellowTim of road safety, is channeling the spirit of Paul Smith....

PS was on our local radio some years ago as a "Road Safety Expert"

Emailed in the contents of his "Avoid" Page to the presenter and pointed out that he advised a number of illegal and distasteful methods of avoiding fines, and hence was rather a poor choice.... He was dropped from the rest of the program

Another organisation totally out of touch...

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

So are we talking about more expensive gadgets and people for a non issue? Is there one road safety gadget, instrument, sign, camera, meter, kiddie seat, airbag, crash helmet etc supplied at no more than cost on the purely altruistic principle of saving lives and road safety?

Is there what? What's he saying? What kiddie seat?

Tin Pot

Guru
His sentences are making my brain hurt.
Talking about the frequency of accidents - I'm not a frequent motorway driver, but I was in Maidstone least week everyday and the M20 was closed for crashes on weds (truck and car, 1 fatality) thurs at the same junction (five cars) and again today at another junction.

Where are the frequencies of crashes/closures recorded for motorways? 3/week seems horrendous.

Motorways suffer less accidents because a large proportion of the more vulnerable road users are removed, there is also less of a speed differential between vehicles (if the rules are obeyed)

However when accidents do occur, the greater speeds mean they are more severe and the consequences greater

Debris is spread across a wide area, and it is unsafe to clean up with fast moving traffic in adjacent lanes

So even with a simple accident, the closure and delays are often out of scale with the actual event

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

The Cycling Silk's evidence included a punishment pass by a HGV driver who then stopped and got out of the lorry to remonstrate and the old bill did nothing because there was a cycle lane.

Top Bottom