Keston/West Wickham Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
I shall be returning to the UK at the end of May for a few weeks, and as i have just 'got back into cycling' i want to take my bike. Thing is last time i rode in UK i ended up being knocked off bike, so feeling a bit worried. Anyway do any of you live near the above places and know of any nice 'easy' places to ride.( Not off road) i have a hybred bike
Thanks and maybe i might even bump into one or two of you :bicycle:

Red17

Veteran
Loads of country lanes in that area - usually very busy with cyclists and quite a few horses at a weekend so drivers are fairly aware of bikes, although always a few idiots. Best bet is to grab a local map and have a look at the lanes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm a mile from Keston and there is some lovely cycling to be had around these parts. You're at the gateway to the Kent countryside. It can be a little bit hilly though as you are on the top of the Kent Downs. But there are some very nice routes for some nice pootling. Downe & Charles Darwins house is not far away also the pretty villages of Shoreham, Eynsford (with it's ford and castle) and Farningham.

For organised rides there is the Sky Bromley Breeze Friday rides. Also the Bromley Cyclists who do the Wednesday Pub wander and rides further afield. Ideal if you are not into all that racing about and lycra stuff.

Top Bottom