Kickstand Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
I think that's what they're called ...

I have a Raleigh Revenio 1, soon to be kitted with a Pannier Rack. But I'm looking for a kick stand that would fit.
The wheels are 700c.

I can't mount one in the usual place (on the bottom between the wheel and the bottom bracket) as a) It's very tight; and ; b) I have a cable running through it.

So I guess that just leaves me with an option of ones which attach to the chainstay?

So, any recommendations?

vickster

Legendary Member
On a roadbike :ohmy: Heresy :biggrin:

not a cheap solution but I have a click-stand which is a much better (imo) and lighter option... It easily holds up a laden touring bike with 4 panniers - though the picture below shows only 2... they are custom made to your bike though, and the guy is usually on holiday around now. Weighs around 75grams and you can pick your colour. I am pretty certain that they should also be easy to make yourself if you are a little ingenious with a tent pole and suitable U clip at the top.

IMG_0874.JPG

OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
not a cheap solution but I have a click-stand which is a much better (imo) and lighter option... It easily holds up a laden touring bike with 4 panniers - though the picture below shows only 2... they are custom made to your bike though, and the guy is usually on holiday around now. Weighs around 75grams and you can pick your colour. I am pretty certain that they should also be easy to make yourself if you are a little ingenious with a tent pole and suitable U clip at the top.

View attachment 51408

Hm, I like the idea of something like that.

Possibly modify something like this for a cheap fix, as i'll only be using it for a short amount of time ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Visually-...ity_Disability_Medical_ET&hash=item43ccade14b

Top Bottom