Kids Flourescent vests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ventoux50

Hi folks does anyone out there please have 20 spare flourescent vests (kids sizes) knocking about, or work for a company who might want to donate some please ?

I help run an early morning tennis coaching session for local schoolkids and after the session they go to school via a short walk to a bus stop and then a longer walk along a busy road to the school.

Although they are well chaperoned I would feel much happier with their roadside safety if they were more visible, hence my request.

Please get in touch if you can help out.

Many thanks !

sheddy

Legendary Member
Where are thee ?

OP
OP
ventoux50

ventoux50

Thanks for the replies folks, Sheddy, I'm at Holmfirth West Yorks, can you help me ? I'd be happy to pay any postage !

Mister P. Thanks for the suggestion, will have a look at Ikea (hope I don't have to do any self assembly though ! :biggrin: )

siadwell

Guru
Have you approached your local council? They may consider this a "walking bus" scheme for which some provide hi-viz tabbards.

OP
OP
ventoux50

ventoux50

Are they walking on pavements? If so, why on earth do they need high-vis tops?

Yes they are walking on pavements, and they have to cross 3 main roads, and one of the stretches of road has no pavement at all for about 40 metres.
Also I'm responsible for their safety and in my opinion hi viz vests can only serve to add to their safety.

If it wasn't necessary I wouldn't have asked.

:smile:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Would a Local Council have small grants for schemes like these ?
Is it called a 'Walking Train' or a 'Walking Bus' ?

I would hope to pay no more than £2.50 for a kiddies vest these days but i might be wrong

Top Bottom