Kindle or Kobo or other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Thanks all. To be fair, my Kindles have all been excellent, the whole Amazon/Kindle experience has worked well for me and I’d stick with them provided we don’t have a falling out over the return dispute. I do like the idea of borrowing from the library, not an option from Kobo.

I’ll see how I get on with Amazon tomorrow.

Why do you think borrowing books from the library is not an option with the Kobo? Several people above have mentioned doing so.

Since you have decided tio stick with the Kindle it is a moot point now I suppose, but you definitely can. I can even borrow library books on my Nook (which stopped being manufactured several years ago, but uses the same e-pub format as the Kobo).

Alex321

Veteran
I've had 3 different types, one I can't remember the name of but I think they disappeared anyway, then a Kobo and then 2 Kindles. Kobo is okay but you need to use another site to get the better books in my view (I think I used Guttenberg if they're still on the go). Agree with what other say about being a PITA to load. I do use the Kindle as a tablet as well and have vowed I won't get another, I'll get a normal tablet and get books from wherever I can. I'm sure you can still use the Kindle app on other tablets if need be.

You can, or the Kobo App. But a normal tablet isn't as nice to read on as a purpose-designed e-reader. There tends to be more glare (particularly outdoors, at the beach), and the contrast just isn't quite the same.

I use my Nook almost entirely when I am on holiday, so the glare factor is important to me. If you usually use it indoors, it may not be as important.

Top Bottom