LA and the Tour!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Re-title your thread then son !

yello

It is going to be genuinely interesting (to me at least) to see exactly how the peleton responds to LA. Is he just going to be just another rider? Will there be any wariness? Will LA try to boss it like old times?

I suspect it's all going to be a bit of a let down (in headline ways that is). I suspect LA will just trundle along and make sure he finishes respectably; in whatever competition it is. I really don't see him being a contender though he'll not embarrass himself.

Kovu

Über Member
I am looking forward to this year's race. Guessing most will think he can win it, but I am more interested in how the peloton reacts to him and what sort of reports will emerage from that. It will be an interesting three weeks.

monnet

Guru
Can't stand him. Wish he'd leave the sport alone - he's a crowd puller in the English speaking world for cycling but no one else is keen.

Hinault - 'So, he's won 7 Tours? How many would Merckx have won if he'd concentrated on the Tour alone?'
Merckx - 'Congratulations, you are a great of the Tour - but not of cycling.'

Actually, thinking about it, I quite like the idea of a Contador-Armstrong shoot out '86 Lemond-Hinault style but even more acrimonious. With Contador getting all his Spanish mates to help out in the way the Spanish riders like to. I'm warming to this.

yello

Did want to start yet another LA thread so I'll mention it here.

They've just shown some footage on tv of Astana training in the Canary Islands. Notable for the fact that LA was not in Astana kit.... difficult to say what it was as it was predominantly black. I may have caught a glance of 'Livestrong', not sure. I wonder what licencing/promotion deals have been struck?

On a related note, Chris Horner was stopped by Spanish police for not wearing a helmet!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/12/02/sports/CYC-Astana-Helmet.php

mondobongo

Über Member
Have seen Armstrong wearing Livestrong Kit black and yellow and also kit promoting his bike shop which for the life of me can't remember the name. He is going to have to pull an Astana jersey on at some point. Would imagine Nike are doing a re-design for next season to incorporate Livestrong.

CyclingNews has pictures of him in Tenerife wearing both Livestrong and Mellow Johnny's jerseys, both in black and yellow
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/dec08/dec02news2

Interesting choice, after all Ann Gripper said about UCI dope-testers going after 'the men in black' :ohmy:

Also in that article is news of the latest Rock Racing doper to be convicted
- read it, it's so unbelievable what's happening at that team, almost reads like an April 1st made-up story...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
andy_wrx said:
Also in that article is news of the latest Rock Racing doper to be convicted
- read it, it's so unbelievable what's happening at that team, almost reads like an April 1st made-up story...

Management determined that it would not terminate Respondent

Sounds a bit drastic anyway:ohmy:

Top Bottom