Ladies' Night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7665793.stm

Seems the Govt. wants to ban free drinks for the girlies

Not a bad idea, but the overall idea is what has always vexed me....

How can anywhere get away with Ladies' Nights in this day and age?

Surely the simple fact that you have to pay more to get in somewhere just because you're a man is sexism, pure and simple?

I understand why the things exist, men are willing to pay cos the place might be packed with slags girls, but surely sex discriminations laws should prevent such things.....

Having seen some of the "revellers" in Portsmouth - it is more of a case of determining which sex they actually are be!fore discriminating against them

Melvil

Cunobelin said:
Having seen some of the "revellers" in Portsmouth - it is more of a case of determining which sex they actually are be!fore discriminating against them

I can't stand that word! It's so smug and horrible.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
zimzum42 said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7665793.stm

Seems the Govt. wants to ban free drinks for the girlies

Not a bad idea, but the overall idea is what has always vexed me....

How can anywhere get away with Ladies' Nights in this day and age?
Surely the simple fact that you have to pay more to get in somewhere just because you're a man is sexism, pure and simple?

I understand why the things exist, men are willing to pay cos the place might be packed with slags girls, but surely sex discriminations laws should prevent such things.....

I think even the most right on feminist tears up her copy of the Guardian and becomes a giggly slapper when offered free booze.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I once found myself outside Yates's Wine Lodge in Bury on a Thursday night. I was amazed at what I saw tottering in through the door, every girl was dressed to kill and already well into the fun. I just thought it all looked a bit sad and desperate really.

Maz

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
I once found myself outside Yates's Wine Lodge in Bury on a Thursday night. I was amazed at what I saw tottering in through the door, every girl was dressed to kill and already well into the fun. I just thought it all looked a bit sad and desperate really.
Yeah, but did you manage to pull or not? :surrender:

gavintc

Guru
Rigid Raider said:

Which is precisely what the pub trade wants. A few free girl drinks and you fill the bar with testosterone filled drinkers who are convinced that 8 pints of 'wife beater 'will make you irresistible.

Top Bottom