Last minute e bay sniping sites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Maz said:
I asked about this in another thread. In the end I wasn't willing to reveal my ebay account credentials that the software needs in order to bid on my behalf.
http://cycle-cafe.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12580&highlight=sniping
Why? Were you scared they'd buy you a blow-up doll, or a Ford Mondeo with 127,000 on the clock and a questionable stain on the passenger seat?

FWIW I've used Auctionstealer for about five years now, and it's been faultless. I use the free service - up to 3 bids a week. Can't speak for any others - never felt the need to check them out.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
doing it yourself is more fun (if occasionally disappointing). you do need a fast connection to manage it though.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Thats a fair point. I am only after it for something finishing tonight when I am not here so I can always change my password tomorrow.
Seriously guys, what is the problem? It's not like you're giving them access to your bank account. What's the worst they could do? Win something on your behalf. That's it. At which point you'd have to get onto the seller and ebay and explain that something's gone wrong, and there'd be a bit of sorting out to do. But you wouldn't actually lose anything.

And why would they want to do that? What would be in it for anyone, even if they were naughty, wicked people? Nothing at all, as far as I can see.

Besides which, these sites have been operating for years - if there was anything dodgy going on, d'you not think we'd have heard by now?

Chill. Use them. They're good.

OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
alecstilleyedye said:
doing it yourself is more fun (if occasionally disappointing). you do need a fast connection to manage it though.

I do usually do that and have once managed to get my bid in with 2 seconds to go however tonight I am at work (my other job) when the auction finishes.

OP
OP
4F

4F

swee said:
Earlier in the year some b4stard ;) racked up 2 grand on my credit card and I am very suspicious now of anyone knowing any passwords etc. Still I signed up for bidnapper earlier :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
[quote name='swee'pea99']Besides which, these sites have been operating for years - if there was anything dodgy going on, d'you not think we'd have heard by now?[/QUOTE]
Indeed we would, but most people would keep schtum if they realised they'd just won a blow-up doll, eh, Swee'pea? ;)

Mr Pig

Niall Estick said:
I don't understand eBay 'sniping'. Bid the maximum you are prepared to pay and walk away.

You'll end up paying more than you needed to or not wining that way. But keep doing it, better for the rest of us ;0)

OP
OP
4F

4F

Niall Estick said:
I don't understand eBay 'sniping'. Bid the maximum you are prepared to pay and walk away.

Yes but you can inflate the price by doing that and sellers have been known to shill bid in an attempt to increase the price. I know that this is not playing by the rules but I have done this in the past and added over £ 100 to something I was selling. ;)

Sniping doesn't give them a chance to do this :biggrin:

Top Bottom