LATEST ARMSTRONG HEADLINE !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel your pain my northern brother. :ohmy:

The only way to deal with the irritation is to ignore any news reports that deal with His Dopeness's doings, refer to him as 'that cheating bastard' instead of by name and just concentrate on the rest of the racing world. In fact I might go out to the Tour just so that I can ignore him in person. ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Chuffy – It appears that after reading a couple of books (I don’t know how many exactly) you have decided that Armstrong is a sporting cheat and after your latest posting also Illegitimate. I agree to some extent with Yenrod that there is a very high and to some, excessive coverage of what he is doing, by the media. However I don’t think he can be blamed for that. In addition, by all reports, the number of fans that have attended the TDU would indicate that there are many people who do like to follow him and that consider him to be a rider worth watching and following. You have every right to hold an opinion and I think that any of us who visit the race section of this forum are well aware of your feelings about the man but frankly I find it tiresome that on every posting that seems to involve or mention him you and others decide to attack the posting and turn it into your personal vendetta against Armstrong. I think it would be good if you followed the advice you gave to Yenners, which I have copied below and let others who do not fully share your views talk about racing.
The only way to deal with the irritation is to ignore any news reports that deal with His Dopeness's doings, refer to him as 'that cheating bastard' instead of by name and just concentrate on the rest of the racing world.
Unquote

Skip Madness

I think that is fairly on the mark, Keith. Although coverage of Lance post-return has reached saturation point, I think one has to make allowances (not least given the importance of his return in contrast to the fairly quiet time of year).

In all honesty, am I the only one more interested in the Tour de San Luis than the Tour Down Under?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I would think so, Skip, but that is not to say I have a great interest in the TdU. I'm waiting for the classics.
I am thoroughly fed up with the LA saturation reporting though. It's not easy to avoid and for the fan as opposed to the celebrity voyeurs it is to the detriment of the race.
I watched some highlights of the TdU yesterday and the fanboys,Sherwen and Liggett, mentioned his name more than the stage winner.

mr Mag00

rising member
perhap we should not post about it on the forum then. and ignore those posts that do mention him

rich p said:
I am thoroughly fed up with the LA saturation reporting though. It's not easy to avoid and for the fan as opposed to the celebrity voyeurs it is to the detriment of the race.
I watched some highlights of the TdU yesterday and the fanboys,Sherwen and Liggett, mentioned his name more than the stage winner.
Exactly. And each of us has to deal with it in their own way.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's weird to see a headline about the crash in the Tour Down Under where last year's winner is badly injured enough to have to leave the race that says "Armstrong Unhurt in TDU Crash". I guess that's just what this season is going to be like.

There's an interesting interview with Lance in this month's Procycling - I skimmed it last night, and he *seems* to threaten the mag with a lesser level of access to him (must read it again) because of not liking the thrust of the reader submitted questions the interviewer asks. (specifically in response to a question about his programme with Don Caitlin). I'm paraphrasing, but something along the lines of having so many demands on his time that he could choose not to talk to Procycling.

That said, the interviewer says that he personally changed his opinion about Armstrong as a result of meeting him, so maybe he just doesn't come over well in print.

rich p said:
It's like picking a scab, irrestible!
I have been wondering about how to deal with it, because it's only going to get worse. And I will be making a concerted effort to ignore him and the coverage. In the context of a thread about how annoying the coverage though I think what I said was entirely appropriate, whether you agree or not.

...and I'll be watching Liggett and Sherwen with the sound off. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom