Le Tour-ITV Coverage stats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon_brooke

karlos_the_jackal said:
I'll try, but we havent got any money at the moment!

Seriously, there's some good road racing in this country. The Girvan Three Day Race gets filmed every year by cycling.tv, I bet they wouldn't charge a lot for doing a terrestrial slot. It could be relatively cheap content. OK, it isn't big name teams or big name riders - but it includes some of the people who will be big name riders in three or four years.

jpembroke said:
How long until Sky Sports have exclusive rights to the TdF? If they are pouring money in to the new Sky Team then surely they'll want to showcase them on their own sports channel?

That would be Sky advertising itself to its own subscribers only...seems a bit pointless !

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
andy_wrx said:
That would be Sky advertising itself to its own subscribers only...seems a bit pointless !

Not necessarily. For example if events were on sky sports exclusive, it's good business for sky for those that buy sky sports off Sky. If on the other hand a virgin media customer buys sky sports it's even better business as their rival makes a loss on retailing the channels and sky makes an even bigger profit on the rate card! Apart from the analogue versions of eurosport, a similar argument applies to eurosport (although more than two providers carry it) where upto about 13 million people can watch it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I thought the ITV4 coverage was very good. I like the Imlach, Liggett and Boardman team.
The ads can seem long but it is enough time to make tea/use the khazi, etc.
The highlights show is the one I watch due to work getting in the way and as I was in France, for the last week, and unable to get to a telly for all but the final stage (crazy I know!) the replay on the computer is great and nice to see ITV let it run for a few weeks and not the stingey 7 days a la BBC.

Hope we get some more!!

OP
OP
karlos_the_jackal

karlos_the_jackal

Work in progress
Will see what i can find out. One of the blokes that does our twitter feeds and communications is into cycling a lot so see if i can find out any more from him.

Also do feel sorry for the bbc, they cant put things on for more than 30 days because of BBC trust rules, they are regulated even more than we are.

just jim

ITV must know their on to a good bet for increased viewing figures for next year, what with "Team Le Shack" showing up.

Good news for ITV what with the eknocomy being like it is and all.

Lots and lots...and lots of ads though, at times better to start watching the highlights from 6.45 and cut the rest out.

just jim said:
Lots and lots...and lots of ads though, at times better to start watching the highlights from 6.45 and cut the rest out.

funnily enough, i did exactly that a few times when i'd taped it, forwarded through all the pointless bits and adverts, watched the last exciting bit at the end and any interviews! ;) job done in 10 mins or so.

Ivan Ardon

Apart from the length of the advert breaks, I enjoyed the ITV4 coverage. The helicopter shots of the surrounding areas and scenery were magnificent. Well done.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
ITV 4 in IMHO does a very good job. I like the style of Gary Imlach and Chris Boardman. I can take or leave Sherwin and liggett. The interviews with the riders and various team mebers is good. I would think though Ivan Ardon that the actual filming of the race comes from the French as both ITV and Eurosport have the same shots at the same time.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The French coverage was skewed towards French riders. Wiggins hardly got a mention on the Ventoux, but arrival of thefrenchguythatfinishedtenthintheGC at the finish sometime later was treated like the second coming of Christ!

Top Bottom