Lefevere picked the wrong woman!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Brief summary…everyone’s least favourite DS piled into Alaphilippe this week saying he drank too much and was basically under the thumb at home! Alaphilippe hasn’t responded as far as I know but the glorious Marian HAS and she is NOT happy!

If your French isn’t up to incandescent, she basically says she doesn’t drink, they have a little one and can’t stay up all night parting and she will defend her man till the end of time! I love her!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/gL6GLQEa0Q">pic.twitter.com/gL6GLQEa0Q</a></p>&mdash; Marion Rousse (@Roussemarion) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/Roussemarion/status/1760286871928639934?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">February 21, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alicat

Legendary Member
Me thinks she doth protest too much ....

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
A clunky translation! (Not mine)

1708543721434.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Jameshow

Veteran
I'd hate to think about WVA now there's a podge!🤣 But he's the best domestique in the world! Not to mention Jan Urrich!!

JA issue is probably that he's too much if a joker and not serious enough again a new generation of more aggressive and younger riders, we he was in the era of Sagan, froome, GT etc ..

Ajax Bay

Guru
Brief summary…everyone’s least favourite DS piled into Alaphilippe this week saying he drank too much and was basically under the thumb at home! Alaphilippe hasn’t responded as far as I know but the glorious Marian HAS and she is NOT happy!
If your French isn’t up to incandescent, she basically says she doesn’t drink, they have a little one and can’t stay up all night parting and she will defend her man till the end of time! I love her!
Well here's what Le Fevre 'actually' (as reported to have) said:
[ https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/to...-issues-further-julian-alaphilippe-criticism/ ]
“Julian is a good guy, but after he signed his mega contract, he didn't perform anymore,”
"When you get older, you have to look after yourself more, you have to train harder, and you can't throw your hat at it. The penny has to drop now, and he has to fight for it.”
Lefevere went on to suggest that the blame for Alaphilippe’s performances lay with his lifestyle and his relationship with his partner, the Tour de France Femmes director Marion Rousse.
“Too much partying, too much alcohol…” Lefevere said. “Julian is seriously under the influence of Marion Rousse. Maybe too much. Julian is a young dog full of energy, you have to let him cross the yard once in a while. And you also have to say: up to here and no further. There is still a bad boy inside him.”
“I spoke to him in November last year, in the presence of Marion and his manager Dries Smets. I said: 'It cannot continue like this. If you mess up one more time, I'll fire you on the spot,’” Lefevere said. “The message landed. He is getting it back together.”
The 31-year-old placed sixth overall at the Tour Down Under and he begins his European season at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad on Saturday. After the Classics, Alaphilippe is scheduled to make his Giro d’Italia debut in 2024.

There seems to be a paradox here. Either he gets out for a few drinks etc (and stereotypically this seems entirely likely given his style on the parcours) with a few parties, with Rousse (babysitter at home with 2 year old) or he's under influence of his self-avowed teetotal wife who stays at home, wfh, and looks after their child. It'd be surprising if she wasn't exerting an infuence on him: Lefevre's seeks to influence him also, to produce results. Whether it's reasonable to have a go at 'er indoors is questionable.
Alaphillippe and Rousse are both 32. Is Lefevre (68) her favourite uncle? Probably not (now).

Last edited:
Top Bottom