Levis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I've never been one for designer labels but Levis Jeans are the best jeans I've ever worn and Calvin Klein underwear for the same reason.

That's about as far as I get with designer labels.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
Ah 'magnet post' time. :smile:

You ex- employee! :tongue:

:sad:
I've just noticed that I've got an extension in the background:ohmy:

gbb

Legendary Member
beancounter said:
Shop around, my last two pairs of 501's were £40 each.

bc

Some are beancounter, but it depends which specific ones you want. I got a pair of 'tin' (IIRC...something to do with the colour) 3 years ago from Lewis's. They cost £72 :tongue: but i adore them. I wear them to death, and they still look good.
I looked on the net afterwards and was alarmed to see Levi's much cheaper....but not the ones i brought.

On the subject, beware if you buy abroard. I got a pair of 501's in Malta last year. £50...seemed a bargain in an authentic Levi's only shop. The bloody things have shrunk :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
Wasn't that the whole point about authentic 501s? ;)

Bloody hell UM...maybe 20 years ago that was true :?:
AFAIK, they all come pre-shrunk now, have done for years. Unless ive been wrong all this time :sad:
Certainly, my Lewis's pair were pre-shrunk, and havnt changed in size at all.

Even then, the Maltese ones that have shrunk...they went through many washes with no problem...then all of a sudden, shrunk :biggrin:. I was convinced for weeks they were'nt mine....where's my bloody jeans..these are'nt mine, i kept asking. I even wondered if the sons girlfriend had left hers by mistake.

Blackandblue

gbb said:
Even then, the Maltese ones that have shrunk...they went through many washes with no problem...then all of a sudden, shrunk ;). I was convinced for weeks they were'nt mine....where's my bloody jeans..these are'nt mine, i kept asking. I even wondered if the sons girlfriend had left hers by mistake.

This reminds me of a story that happened to me. My wife found a bra in our spare room. It was down the side of the bed. It was not her size. She confronted me with this and was utterly convinced that I was having an affair (there is no history of such behaviour on my part, I might add). I had no idea where the bra had come from and could only laugh at what it must have looked like - which did nothing to calm her down.

It turned out that it belonged to my mother who had lost it the last time she stayed with us.

The reason for telling this story is because I wonder whether there is some bloke somewhere walking around in oversize 501s unable to understand why they don't fit as snug as they used to...

postman

Legendary Member
Buying cheap jeans is false economy.I should know have been trying for ages to find decent jeans without paying an arm and leg.

We used to have a shop 'Stolen from Ivor' great jeans good prices.

But now i get chinos from Cotton Traders.

And they do 38 x 35.

Perfect.

Only trouble is 4 weeks from order to delivery.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
501's only fitted me when I was a kid - as soon as I started cycling - no chance - won't fit the thighs.....

Cheap jeans for me as I trash them - DIY, oily cars and bikes....same goes for most my clothes - the number of decent tops I ruined - oh I'll just do this or that....forget to change, then oil all over them....doh.....

If we are doing Levis - try this one. It features my mate Jim, who was playing on the wing for my rugby team at the time..and 'chauffeuring' (that's one word for it :biggrin:) the Production Mistress etc of the ads... (Cut short to fall within the CycleChat watershed) :sad:

He could probably make the charts in Dishy Blokes too...

Top Bottom