List your Non PC pub names.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
The Silent Woman, Slaithwaite.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
2538939_a59645b9.jpg

quietwoman.jpg

Attachments

• 2538939_a59645b9.jpg
    2538939_a59645b9.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 18
  • quietwoman.jpg
    quietwoman.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 41

Sharky

Guru
An old friend of mine owns a pub in Kent (Horton Kirby) called the Fighting Cocks. I though your link was about his pub at first. I wonder if he has had any similar calls for it to be changed

Not a pub, but I wonder if the residents of Pratt's Bottom ever tried to change the name of their village?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There was the Black Boy in Orpington, long closed. Went in there a couple of times. It was a spit and sawdust pub in every true sense of the word.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Not a pub name but the "theme" of the pub.
Cawsand in Cornwall, can't remember the name of the pub. I was invthere in the early 90's one lunchtime eating with my parents. Cawsand used to be a stop off port during the slave trade and the pub had memorabilia on the walls telling the story of what happened at that time.
Then a young black couple walked in.... saw what was on the walls and left sharpish, clearly angry.
I wonder if it's still there 25 years later?

jack smith

Veteran
The cock of the north used to be a fab pub in durham with big indoor play area ect, sadly knocked down.
You tend to see lots of funny pub names out in the dales but i can never remember them.

Top Bottom