Litter bugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
In the past week, I've had to cycle past discarded pump tubes and energy bottles - I presume because I live in the weekend wheelies leisure zone.

Tonight an inner tube on a pavement.

I had a hard time justifying cyclists to who I was with

Why don't people just pick up?

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
So Matthew Parris was right after all? I owe him a huge apology.

IncoherentJeff

Very sad to see, sadly I think they'd have throw the book at someone with a fly tipping charge for dumping bicycle tyres to deter people from doing it.

I don't think littering carries the same sentencing weight and probably wouldn't get any news coverage.

It's a simple task to take them with you & dispose at a recycling centre. If they've changed a tube/tyre then they'd the facility to carry it as they obviously had space to carry a spare.

OP
OP
Simontm

Simontm

Veteran
Very sad to see, sadly I think they'd have throw the book at someone with a fly tipping charge for dumping bicycle tyres to deter people from doing it.

I don't think littering carries the same sentencing weight and probably wouldn't get any news coverage.

It's a simple task to take them with you & dispose at a recycling centre. If they've changed a tube/tyre then they'd the facility to carry it as they obviously had space to carry a spare.

Don't care really about legal, just the decent thing to do!

Didn't really check the state of the tube but I always take mine home in case they can be used as a spare.

I think there's a wish fulfilment about is sort of thing- being I. A race like they've seen on TV etc etc. at least I hope it's that otherwise people really are selfish idiots

OP
OP
Simontm

Simontm

Veteran
In a Sunday Supplement or similar publication he said cyclists are litter louts and described a method of killing them which is best not repeated in case anyone else tries it.:sad:

He's a really nice bloke in reality :/

IncoherentJeff

I was just mentioning it as it wouldn't take too many news coverage segments about people being fined for fly tipping to make these litter bugs think twice.

But totally agree don't see why people can't take their rubbish home, plain lazy inconsiderate people I guess.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I was just mentioning it as it wouldn't take too many news coverage segments about people being fined for fly tipping to make these litter bugs think twice.

But totally agree don't see why people can't take their rubbish home, plain lazy inconsiderate people I guess.
Exactly. Inconsiderate people. The fact that they're cyclists is irrelevant, because some motorists are also prone to throwing rubbish out their windows.

IncoherentJeff

Exactly. Inconsiderate people. The fact that they're cyclists is irrelevant, because some motorists are also prone to throwing rubbish out their windows.
Oh yes I see lots of McDonalds rubbish in the hedge row when I know the nearest restaurant is 10+ miles away where my dad lives. Such a shame.

cd365

Guru
Agree about the McDonald's rubbish, I find it disgusting that someone can quite happily throw it out of their car window because they can't be bothered to wait until they are near a bin. It's normally youngsters.

Cyclists who litter are just as disgusting .

These sort of people are just inconsiderate pricks.

I was only thinking the same thing the other day when I passed some used CO2 containers and other related bike rubbish then further up the road were bits of an old MTB and a pair of bike shorts, presumably they belonged to the owner of the bike. Mind you it pales into insignificance with all the other rubbish, bits of car & motorbikes you see.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I often come back from walking the dog with at least a handful of dropped litter. Filled two bags on one walk last month. Never caught anyone littering though.

Top Bottom