Little ole wine drinker me (us?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ruffers

Veteran
I love St Emillion, I’ve got a very nice 1993 Premier Cru ready for daughters 18th later this year.

it’s been laid down for 18 years so fingers crossed it’ll taste OK, I’ll update you in November

I presume it’s getting drunk either way? I hope it’s nice and worth the wait, lovely gesture to keep it for your daughters 18th 🎉 🍾

That takes me back, on one of her school trips my oh said I'll bring you a present. One good bottle of St Emillion grand cru says I expectantly. Lovingly saved till christmas day when I opened and left to breath, it had corked and I tipped the whole bottle down the sink. Never been so disappointed. Tend to drink Malbec or Rjoha or a nice New Zealand sauvignon blanc. Best bottle we ever had was a St Emillion about 1990 20 miles from the village and cost us then I think £ 18-20, was like nectar.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My uncle and his partner have lived their whole lives in the drinks business. From importing and moving around the whole of the countries supply of a popular larger to a high end off licence in London and all in between.

Gunk

Guru
That takes me back, on one of her school trips my oh said I'll bring you a present. One good bottle of St Emillion grand cru says I expectantly. Lovingly saved till christmas day when I opened and left to breath, it had corked and I tipped the whole bottle down the sink. Never been so disappointed. Tend to drink Malbec or Rjoha or a nice New Zealand sauvignon blanc. Best bottle we ever had was a St Emillion about 1990 20 miles from the village and cost us then I think £ 18-20, was like nectar.

You can still get a decent bottle from Super U for about €15

That was in a small restaurant so obviously more expensive. I loved those camping holidays in France with trips to Auchan and all the other supermarkets. One year we even had a small winery between the gite and local village, filled a polybin and gave our livers a bit of a hammering! Not totally sensible.

ruffers

Veteran
That was in a small restaurant so obviously more expensive. I loved those camping holidays in France with trips to Auchan and all the other supermarkets. One year we even had a small winery between the gite and local village, filled a polybin and gave our livers a bit of a hammering! Not totally sensible.

enjoyable and memorable though

Worth every penny, we always celebrated our wedding anniversary during our holidays. Always nice to have one really memorable meal that lingers in the memory

ruffers

Veteran
Worth every penny, we always celebrated our wedding anniversary during our holidays. Always nice to have one really memorable meal that lingers in the memory

wisest words I’ve heard all day, it’s what life is all about and always great to have another bottle and reminisce over

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Tonight's treat, from Waitrose
20200603_075701.jpg

Top Bottom