Liverpool TESCO Park Rd - stolen red and silver carerra crossfire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Veggieburger

Chained my bike up outside Liverpool Dingle Park Rd Tesco last Thursday on the cycle park that Tesco provide for customers so that we can spend our money in their shop. Was gutted when I came out and my bike and lock had gone. So I went into see the security people to see if they had caught it on their CCTV. This is said to be the largest Tesco in Europe and Tesco pride themselves on allegedly looking after their customers. You can imagine my annoyance to find that all of Tesco CCTV cameras are pointed at their property. Not one camera on the bike park. they only built the shop 12 months ago and haven't installed a camera even near the bike park.I spoke to the deputy manager of the shop who seemed irritated that I would have the audacity to question why they didn't have cameras there.

The lessons that I have learned:

Never shop in Tesco again.(some might say serves you right for shopping there in the 1st place)
Never assume that just because a greedy shop wants your money they are smart enough to invest in some CCTV cameras to make sure your property is safe while spending all your money in their greedy shop.
Managers of Tesco don't appear particular pleasant people to me.

Thanks Tesco.... Not

Note 1 to self - tell everyone I can about greedy Tesco and their failure to care about cyclist property.
Note 2 to self - don't apply for job in Tesco !

Cyclist33

Note 3 to self - get bike insurance next time. :thumbsup:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I think you'll probably find that they have a sign on the car park indicating that they take no responsibility for any vehicles parked there. They'll care even less about bikes.

Archeress

Veteran
Couldn't say about our store (not a Tesco) about cameras. Cameras are usually there to protect the store property and protect the staff. If there are cameras outside, they will be for detecting suspicous behaviour such as youngsters trying to get others to buy booze or someone preparing a shoplifting spree. All depends on the determined threats in the area. A Sainsbury that I worked at in Exeter before moving to Bristol had cameras outside that could be moved to observe whatever was needed. It will be that all stores do not accept respnsibility for damage or theft to customers or even staffs property. If my purse was stolen from my locker the store would not accept responsibility, even though it is a sackable offence to have my purse on the shop floor.

Hugs
Archeress x

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was told by a jobsworth tesco security bloke not to walk my bike into the store(10.30 at night place empty),or to wear a helmet in the store as it was a "security issue". He assured me that they had a camera pointing at the bike stand which is near enough behind the building(way out of sight). I now think that he was lying.:dry:

Top Bottom