Lomdon-Cambridge anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
London-Cambridge anyone?

Hi,

Did anyone else do the London-Cambridge? I saw a couple of CycleChat jerseys!

First time I've done a ride of that length, it was great! I don't feel too bad today :biggrin:, however I did get the bus to work rather than do any cycling.... so we'll see when I get back on the bike........

There were so many people there, it's a really good atmosphere. Apart from one or two short sharp hills it's a really nice ride!! Weather was good too (if a little too hot - I have a nice case of sunburn on my shoulders in a very classy looking vest shape :wacko:)

Getting to the beginning of the ride was the only downside, as the car park was almost impossible to find - through a rabbit warren industrial estate. We saw several cars with bikes on driving up and down trying to find an entrance....The ride itself was brilliantly signed - maybe they ran out of yellow arrows!

:ohmy:

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Yeah, great ride!

First time that we had done the London to Cambridge. Good atmosphere as you say.
Would do it again for sure.

RT

Maz

Guru
Was that on yesterday (Sun 27th)? I was in Cambridge yesterday and saw groups of riders heading down Newmarket Rd with numbers tagged on their backs.

Well done, anyway. Roasting day for it!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have done the ride for 12 years now, except yesterday when I was cheering on the boys from outside the Louvre in Paris. I understand they have changed the route slightly into Cambridge this year to avoid the main road from Hinxton into the centre of Cambridge. Did this improove the ride?

OP
OP
Morrisette

Morrisette

Paulus, I've not done it before, but I'd heard about the dodgy bit at the end - I think it was fine this year. The road works on Hills Road are so bad I think that was the reason for avoiding the usual route, but I didn't hear any complaints!

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Hi all,

I thought the route was fine, apart from coming all the way into cambridge at the end.
I wonder if anyone had considered using the park and ride at trumpington as a finish point, out of town slightly and on route.
I saw several close shaves ahead of me as we converged on the city centre as many cyclists, not familiar with cambridge, were a touch nervous negotiating the double mini.

RT.

Top Bottom