London and Home Counties Cycle Chat January Hertfordshire Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
Due to the latest weather forecast of -5 degrees for this evening and a high for Saturday of 0 degrees. We think it safest to postpone this ride on safety grounds. Over half the ride would be on un gritted roads that are likely to be very icy. I hope you are not too disappointed and look forward to see you all on Tdr1nka's ride later in the month.

Steve

Ok here we go the London and Home Counties Cycle Chat 3rd January Hertfordshire Ride. As before multi ability and no one will be dropped. We will stay together and help each other with any break downs.

We will have two start points. One for those driving and using the Hertford East train, the other will be Hertford North railway station which is on the route.

I will be at the Hertford East Station just after 9:00 and will show those driving to the free parking. We will then meet up with the 8:42 from Liverpool Street that arrives at Hertford East at 9:31
From here we will make the short ride to meet the 8:56 from Kings Cross that arrives at Hertford North at 9:38
As before we plan on starting the ride at 10:00. Here is a link to the route map 48.59 miles.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/hertford/975286620920

The “W” on the route will be the cake, tea /coffee stop this is around the halfway point and will probably end up being at my house as long as the numbers are within reason, so let me know what cakes you all like and I will get some in. This will also be the first bail point for those that had a very merry Christmas with access to an easy ride back to Hertford or the train station that is 200 metre away.
The next and last bail will be at 34 miles with a down hill in to Hertford past the North Station.

Have a great Christmas and New Year and I hope to see you all on the 3rd
Post here if you are interested in joining us.

wlc1

I'm off for that whole week. I'll be there Steve

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Hertford is about 25 miles from me, I could make it a century.

I might be riding a cross event at Herne Hill that day, haven't quite made up my mind yet.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Tynan said:
ffs, sync with the West Ham fixture list will you?

We are! West Ham are at home. ;)

So is my team Stevenage Borough. So not good planning on my part all round then.

Oh and I doubt Coventry, Ipswich and Plymouth will get promotion.

Tynan

Veteran
stevevw said:
We are! West Ham are at home. :ohmy:

So is my team Stevenage Borough. So not good planning on my part all round then.

Oh and I doubt Coventry, Ipswich and Plymouth will get promotion.

lets hope West Ham don't go down either

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
stevevw said:
Thanks for that ;). How about coming down on the 3rd to discuss further while we ride?

I would but I cannot make Saturday rides due to work. Sunday's count me in.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
My apols for this one, visiting brother-in-law and his brood. Not my idea of fun but I've escaped most of the Christmas events that I dislike (finally trained husband after 15 years to say 'no' to the invitations) so can't get out of this one. I'll see you all on the 24th though!

Top Bottom