Longest Ride of the year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure if it counts but I did 66.6miles on the club run in the morning (including 5m eachway to the start) then after lunch I jumped my other bike (flat bar) and did 51.5mile route (C+ 209 Expert route). I watched the Tour of Ireland then did a night cycle on my heavy but well lit Hybrid of 16.5 miles.
I make it circa 134.5 miles but it was done on 3 separate bikes.
PS/OT the night cycle was great, I was given lots of room and nobody objected to me being in a primary position for the majority of the time and not scraping the gutter int the cycle lane.

dodgy

I did 103 yesterday, but there's no way on earth I'd do 60+ miles then have a break for a few hours and do a further 51.5miles! To cap it all, you had a 'dessert' of 16 miles for supper? Unbelievable, but good on you.

I do 'believe' you by the way, that's just a figure of speech :?:

Dave.

Mortiroloboy

The Highclere castle sportive, 200km, sadly I didn't finish, climbed off my bike at 134km 4h 02m 36s:sad: just didn't have the legs on the day:sad:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Makes my 112 miles to Hunstanton look a bit puny. That was my longest day *ever*, let alone this year...

Jaded

133 miles for me so far this year. Longest ever too.

Which is ironic, seeing as in overall miles I'm well down on last year. Chuffing weather.

Maz

Guru
Fantastic distances, HLaB. Well done.
At the risk of sounding stupid, you do do a circular route, right? I mean you don't just end up 60-odd miles away and ask someone to give you a lift home (á la glider pilot)...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Maz said:
Fantastic distances, HLaB. Well done.
At the risk of sounding stupid, you do do a circular route, right? I mean you don't just end up 60-odd miles away and ask someone to give you a lift home (á la glider pilot)...

No, i went to Buxton (was 66 miles when we got there) then cycled back. So if i felt tired half way, it would either be a long drive for mum, or a long cycle back.
Gives you abit more to keep going;)

Tynan

Veteran
Dunwich and then Ipswich, with the ride to Hackny to start, a gnat's under 160 miles

made redundant a week later so haven't ridden at all for over a month

barring a ghastly mtb here on hols, dear god

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about your job Tynan :smile:. Got anything lined up?

My longest this year was 114 miles, from here, round Colin J's FOB ride and home again, I was thinking of going for 200k but ran out of time.

Top Bottom