Looking for 8-speed shift levers, for tourer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi. I'm building a touring bike from the frame up, and would like to buy some 8-speed gear levers.

Really open to either down-tube, bar-end, or STI (triple) shifters. So any types of levers suitable for a bike with drop-handlebars and 24 gears.

If you have something that would do, I'd be interested in buying. Or swap something, up to you. Thanks. Mark.

teletext45

doesen't help too much, but you'll want the shimano 2300 which is what i hve on my bike.. you can get them on ebay now and again...

andy

Manonabike

Über Member
I have 10 speed Compagnolo Ultrashift Veloce with an 8 speed shimano cassette and it works very well. Something to consider perhaps.

No need to do anything special to run a 10 speed Veloce ultrashift shifter with an 8 speed shimano cassette, other than adjusting the derailleur so that the chain stops at the 8th cog. You can also use the shifters with a 9 speed cassette but that is a little bit different. Let me put it this way, if I was building another 8 speed bike I would definitely go for Campy shifters again.

Top Bottom