looking for a parcel service to Italy...asap............any suggestions??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sold an item on ebay...........and 'cos I wasn't feeling well I made an error and didn't put "UK only".
Buyer "seems" genuine as we have been in dialogue and he paid immediately (UK postage only) but didn't expect the horrendous delivery charge I am now giving him.
As its ebay & abroad I want...........
proof of delivery
full insurance
local drop off point.
I got one price of £195:eek:
Hermes want £30.00 but don't do proof of delivery.
Any suggestions appreciated

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My suggestion would be to not waste time or fret over it. You may not have specified UK only, but he has only paid UK postage. If he's not prepared to pay the extra, cancel the deal, however genuine he seems. If necessary, contact ebay and see what they have to say about it.

Sold an item on ebay...........and 'cos I wasn't feeling well I made an error and didn't put "UK only".
Buyer "seems" genuine as we have been in dialogue and he paid immediately (UK postage only) but didn't expect the horrendous delivery charge I am now giving him.
As its ebay & abroad I want...........
proof of delivery
full insurance
local drop off point.
I got one price of £195:eek:
Hermes want £30.00 but don't do proof of delivery.
Any suggestions appreciated
Ebay do an International delivery service, which unless you deliberately opted out of, which you probably didn't if it was listed internationally, which is meant to simplify the whole thing and cheapen it. The terms are displayed in their help pages. I suggest reading it and see if it suits, or if it was me, I'd refund him and relist with UK only on and opting out of their international delivey. Not that I may have made that mistake you understand......

Just make sure you print the address correctly and post it via Royal Mail Small Packets - there are few postal services that comply with the paypal/ebay tracking anyway ie it needs to be tracked from door to the door.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ebay do an International delivery service, which unless you deliberately opted out of, which you probably didn't if it was listed internationally, which is meant to simplify the whole thing and cheapen it. The terms are displayed in their help pages. I suggest reading it and see if it suits, or if it was me, I'd refund him and relist with UK only on and opting out of their international delivey. Not that I may have made that mistake you understand......

Many thanks.............I didn't notice that but will have a look. Can I assume that if ebay handle it the parcel is insured and the recipient cannot claim non-delivery ??

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What is the approximate size & weight ?
10 Kg.
59 x 38 x 20 CM

Many thanks.............I didn't notice that but will have a look. Can I assume that if ebay handle it the parcel is insured and the recipient cannot claim non-delivery ??
The terms say the following

• f you opt for signed delivery when you post your item, you'll receive confirmation of signature once the item has been received by the UK Shipping Centre, not when it's received by the buyer.
  • Although you're responsible for ensuring the package arrives safely at the UK Shipping Centre, in general, you won't be responsible if the item is damaged or lost after the item has reached the centre. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Programme Seller Terms and Conditions. Undeliverable items may not be returned to you.

I'd back out of the sale and take the bad feedback. Delivering to Italy is a nightmare, not only is it pricey, their postal system is also a shambles. A lot of seller won't post to Italy due to the large amount of stuff that goes missing there.

Most couriers only deliver into Italy, then the local parcel system takes over and loses it.

Montydog

i work for a local courier firm and we send out international parcels....we use UPS but like others have said Italy can be a right pain in the butt!!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
QUOTE="BrianEvesham, post: 4147489, member: 23336"]I wouldn't send it, ime Italy can be a nightmare with customs[/QUOTE]

I'd back out of the sale and take the bad feedback. Delivering to Italy is a nightmare, not only is it pricey, their postal system is also a shambles. A lot of seller won't post to Italy due to the large amount of stuff that goes missing there.

Most couriers only deliver into Italy, then the local parcel system takes over and loses it.

i work for a local courier firm and we send out international parcels....we use UPS but like others have said Italy can be a right pain in the butt!!
Thanks to all (and others)............I have emailed him and asked him to get his money back from paypal and cancel the deal.

Reactions: gbb
Thanks to all (and others)............I have emailed him and asked him to get his money back from paypal and cancel the deal.

You do that from your PayPal

If you log in, go to your activity you should see his payment. Click it, you have the option to "Refund"

Though it will take 7 days or so to return back to his balance.

Top Bottom