Mail order bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Well I ended up going all over the town and really enjoyed it, wish Id put my bike pc on because I was certainly shifting on the flats and down hill, what a difference to my mountain bike.
Hitting the hilly parts to try all the gears ,and seeing if Iv set them up well was a real eye opener too, all gears worked well, and made getting up really easy, must be the different position Im in too? on long straights with slight inclines the gear difference seemed great for keeping my speed as I changed one gear at a time to keep up the pace it was effortless.
Ill still need practice to get used to these sti levers, as someone mentioned here that you can change gear while braking if not carefull, so more practice there, but I dont see it being a problem.
When I pulled on the bars there was a creak, so I tightened up ( took some tools) and seemed to fix it, Im going to grease it later.
I have a new bottle cage and my pc to put on it yet, as well as my white front light thats ok for seeing ahead with, Im even thinking of a kick stand for it, dont like scraping the bar tape or the seat when leaning it, so Im being very carefull.
The chain wheels look steel, so longevity there I think, brakes are good, had a little squeel, so need toeing in probably, everything felt comfortable and smooth,
Only negative is Im not used to the change in feel and am wary of pushing too hard, it feels fragile but thats just me as its new. Im sure that will go soon as I get used to it more;)
All in all a good bike, Im glad Iv got it. :tongue:

The film reference is full metal jacket I think?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Fantastic!

Look after it, and enjoy it Col!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
There she is, all set for a good run with averything I need on the rack, my bike pc died so dissapointed it couldnt be put on, need to get one, any ideas anyone?

longers

Legendary Member
Looks good for plenty ofcomfy miles that does Col.

I like the basic Trek Computers, Incite 6i - max speed, trip distance, odo, clock and current speed. That's all I need to get by, trying to get my brain to work and calculate average speeds wastes a few miles :biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
longers said:
Looks good for plenty ofcomfy miles that does Col.

I like the basic Trek Computers, Incite 6i - max speed, trip distance, odo, clock and current speed. That's all I need to get by, trying to get my brain to work and calculate average speeds wastes a few miles :biggrin:

Thanks, but its not nice here at the moment, so waiting for it to get better before getting out.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Off to try out a route I havnt done in years, about ten miles, should be fun.:biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
That went well, not as hard as I thought, really enjoyed that, Now Im off out to try the viruoso :biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Wow that was quicker than Im used to, very harsh ride compared to my Royal, but felt very stable and strong even over some harsh bumps. All in all a great days experimenting on my bikes, love them both for their own jobs. My Royal will be commuting and getting out of town, and I cant wait for those summer evenings where I can take a fast ride on the vituoso, Ill be looking to break the half hour with ten miles this summer.:smile:

Top Bottom